Why are live shows delayed 3 hours for the west coast?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chrisw27

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
This is regarding mostly on local network stations. Why should they delay live broadcasts so we could see something 3 hours later than the rest of the world? Its not live anymore in that case.. I have to wait until 3 hours to watch something my friend in the east coast already saw. I don't care if its a TV show, but when they broadcast something they say is "live" from my own state.. it just throws me off that only the east coast can view it right then instead of us.

Chrisw

I assume you mean things like "American Idle"...Only people who saw it live were Eastern/Central time zones. The rest were tape delayed.

Live Sports events are live (well, WWE Raw does the same thing)

Besides the fact, that there would be a much lower number of people home to watch those shows at 5 or 6pm Pacific time, between five and eight is considered the local station's time and it's where they make most of their money with news and syndicated programs. While they might give it up on now and then on weekends for a big sporting event, I can't imagine they'd want to do it during the week. $$$$$$$

Doesnt matter what it is thats live on the east and central its never gonna be live on mountain and west coast except for live news, olympics and wich ever finger puppet is in the whitehouse. Sindicated radio hosts are the only ones that I know of that are broadcast live across the nation.

Sports and the Academy Awards are live. It's all about getting the best programs in the time slots when the most viewers are available. Networks can not start their "prime time" schedules at 5:00 PM. Monday Night Football starts live at 5:00 PM and I never see the games. I have to TIVO them, hence it is not live!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts