why can't I get both the Brewers and Twins on D*?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

old rat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
why is it that cable has both the Brewers and Twins on FSN North and I cannot get them on D*? Who exactly is lying to who here, because if I buy EI the games would be BLACKED OUT in my area, meaning that I wouldn't get them even if I PAID FOR THEM.

Why doesn't D* treat us as well as everyone else? I pay my bill just like you do, why can't I get the same amount of service as you do? It's a major crock and D* knows it. but being on the Wisconsin / Minnesota border, who cares if you quit and get cable? your money is "extra money" and not like those of a major city where big money talks.

why is it that cable has both the Brewers and Twins on FSN North and I cannot get them on D*? Who exactly is lying to who here, because if I buy EI the games would be BLACKED OUT in my area, meaning that I wouldn't get them even if I PAID FOR THEM.

Why doesn't D* treat us as well as everyone else? I pay my bill just like you do, why can't I get the same amount of service as you do? It's a major crock and D* knows it. but being on the Wisconsin / Minnesota border, who cares if you quit and get cable? your money is "extra money" and not like those of a major city where big money talks.

You should learn the facts before you go off half cocked. Directv has NOTHING to do with who gets what games. It's MLB that decides. Write to Bud Selig and complain about it. It's not Directv's fault.

Put your zip code in here to see what you are supposed to get: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P3000004

By the way, it's MLB and each team that tells DirecTV what you are allowed to get. And cable is often different because they have different rules thanks to your congressman.

Good example is what I can get.
Fox Sports Detroit is my local RSN and I can get all the sports on it obviously.

I can also get Comcast Chicago but for the Bulls and Fire only as they claim my zip code as their home markets. Blackhawk or any baseball games are blacked out to me because those teams don't claim my zip code as a home market for them.

Every sport and every team within each sport is different and makes up their own rules. And we are usually caught in the middle. Dish and DirecTV just do as they are told.

Be careful, guys. This could be another rsn issue, a la the cardinals, with adjoining markets.

Let's get a zip code back first. Sheesh.

Its adjoining markets. .54600 gets the Brewers but no Twins as opposed to 55900 and if you live in North west Iowa which is less then 20 miles south,52160 and this zip code gets all Chicago and St. Louis and The Twins and The Brewers. all that there is, is the Mississippi river ( and the actual river channel you can throw a rock over at the state line.) and adjoining counties.

but CABLE HAS BOTH..

Cable has BOTH GAMES. and with cable I get FSN WISCONSIN all the time and not just for Brewer games.. Give me what I am Paying for.

do you get your whole FSN? it shows programs for YOUR TEAMS that YOU SUPPORT, why can't I get the same? I am paying the same price THAT YOU ARE PAYING, give me what I am paying for.

No right now D* is WRONG and there is no denying it. and there is no jusification for it.

Like I said, IF I BOUGHT EI I WOULD NOT GET THE TWINS EITHER. SO if you live here, and you are supposed to be part of the area that this team claims, then you should either get one or the other, allow me to watch the TWINS on 641 or allow me to buy EI and watch them. NOW I GET NEITHER.

Cable has BOTH GAMES. and with cable I get FSN WISCONSIN all the time and not just for Brewer games.. Give me what I am Paying for.

do you get your whole FSN? it shows programs for YOUR TEAMS that YOU SUPPORT, why can't I get the same? I am paying the same price THAT YOU ARE PAYING, give me what I am paying for.

No right now D* is WRONG and there is no denying it. and there is no jusification for it.

Like I said, IF I BOUGHT EI I WOULD NOT GET THE TWINS EITHER. SO if you live here, and you are supposed to be part of the area that this team claims, then you should either get one or the other, allow me to watch the TWINS on 641 or allow me to buy EI and watch them. NOW I GET NEITHER.

Again, DON'T BLAME DIRECTV! IT'S MLB THAT DETERMINES WHO GETS WHAT GAMES! Do you understand this?

What I don't understand is why these leagues would make it harder all the time to get the games they are willing to pay for. Not everybody wants to go to the game to see it. That's what the sports subs are for, the people that want as much action on TV as there is to get. It should be as simple as "either you get it locally or you get it through the subscription." People that pay the sub should get ALL games that are being played and those that don't pay should get what they are allowed locally.

Again, you are not understanding. Cable operates UNDER DIFFERENT RULES thanks to the government. Your cable system can also carry local stations from a different market, but satellite can't. Again, they have different rules. So unless you can lobby congress to change the law there isn't anything you can do about that.

If there is an RSN that you feel should also be included as a local to you then you need to get in touch with that RSN and get them to update the zip codes for DirecTV and Dish. THEY are the ones that tell DirecTV who gets what RSNs as locals. AGAIN....DirecTV is provided a list of zip codes from each RSN and follows that list. If you feel your zip code is missing an RSN then contact that RSN as there is nothing DirecTV can do about it. Heck, maybe you'll find that they *do* claim your zip code but either haven't provided an update to that effect to DirecTV or DirecTV has a mistake. The RSN should be able to contact DirecTV and clear it up if that's the case.

Your other issue is with MLB team "home territory" which is an entirely different issue and has nothing to do with what RSNs you do or don't get. When they don't match up is when someone like you gets caught in the middle. Thus contact that MLB team in question and find out why they claim you as home market when the RSN that carries their games doesn't claim you as part of their regional coverage area. Perhaps between the two of them they can update their zip codes to your satisfaction (either the team no longer claiming you or the RSN to include you as part of their market).

One last issue is MLB blackouts. Again, this is controlled by the MLB and the home team in question and they provide DirecTV and Dish with the blackout rules.

Hopefully that makes sense to you and good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts