Why Dish doesnt push their advantage?

am7crew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Why is it that Dish doesnt really push the point that they have more premium HD movie channels than Direct/Cable? If I hadnt had Dish then saw Directv I would have never known, I even looked at the website when I noticed and couldnt find anything really bold pointing out just how many more premiums they offer in HD. Just curious I guess.

Last edited:
Marketing

Why is it that Dish doesnt really push the point that they have more premium HD movie channels than Direct/Cable? If I hadnt had Dish then saw Directv I would have never known, I even looked at the website when I noticed and couldnt find anything really bold pointing how just how many more premiums they offer in HD. Just curious I guess.

That would mean they had a real marketing dept that didn'thave head up their A**.

Dish has a marketing department??

All they focus on are events and television slots. Occasionally they might dip into new product development, but they have little interest outside of instant cash gratification, which advertising anywhere but television rarely brings. They're even loathed to do newspaper ads.

I told them a while back that their web site still says they only have one HD Showtime channel and that they should update that but they never did.

I told them a while back that their web site still says they only have one HD Showtime channel and that they should update that but they never did.
I noticed that as well; the downloadable channel guide hasn't been updated to add the new Viacom HD channels either. What is the actual number of showtime HD channels? I count at least 3.

I have also noticed that to see what HD channels you can get under the classic packages is kind of hard to find, you can find it but it takes a little digging. Many see the tubo channels, which as we all know are missing some of the HD channels that are in the classic packs

I been with dish for 15 years and have worked for them so please tell me what is marketing.

Being from Dish I never heard of a thing called marketing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)