Why do I need a landline?

Who the heck are you and "we?"

The Ethernet port on the 622 has been handling this for months. If you and "we" are a technician for Dish, shame on you for not knowing this!

Worse - Not knowing that the phone line has absolutely nothing to do with receiving software updates. :no

NightRyder

I'm not good with this stuff and know it is probably a stupid question, but can someone please tell me how to connect this Ethernet thing? Do you connect an Ethernet cord from the reciever to your computer? How do you make it dial in? Thanks for the help guys. ;)

I'm not good with this stuff and know it is probably a stupid question, but can someone please tell me how to connect this Ethernet thing? Do you connect an Ethernet cord from the reciever to your computer? How do you make it dial in? Thanks for the help guys. ;)

You will connect your ethernet port on your receiver to your router (you will need a broadband connection to your router (not your computer) and then go into the settings of the receiver. Before I explain further, do you have a router and a broadband connection to the internet (such as DSL, or Cable, or something)?

Geoff

I have an old 508 and an even older 3700.

I changed to Vonage three years ago and have not had a phone connection at all since then. True, I could have hooked the receivers up to the phone switch, but it was further away than the original phone connection and I just never ran a longer cord.

The receivers are not hooked to anything except the Ac power and the satellite. The only issue is not being able to order PPV. Software updates occur just fine through the satellite feed.

There may be interactive functions (that I don't use anyway) that require a connection, but not an issue for me.

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts