Why Do You Hate A Team?

The question was ask how you became a fan of your favorite team, let's ask now, how did you come to hate your least favorite team?

trhe biggest rival of your favorite team(s)....as this applies to me
Giants fans hate the Cowboys...
Devils fans hate the Rangers.
Mets fans used to hate the Cardinals. But now that doesn't apply..Now we hate the Braves and their fair weather fans.
And as far as neigborhood rivalries. On my street you were a Yankees family or Mets family.

If you live in New York City in 1969 and was a METS FAN ..Your hate for the CHICAGO CUBS grew in you very easily.I hate them so much now that 39 years later and with the good season they having I hate them even more .....

Last edited:
Always been a Wings fan, so I grew up hating the Leafs/Blackhawks and now the Avs.

Being a Wolverines fan, I of course hate OSU and Notre Dame.

When I used to enjoy baseball, of course I watched the tigers and really disliked the blue jays. (during the 80's is when I watched alot of baseball)

And of course, I think we all can agree the Real Madrid is worth hating in soccer........ Just kidding, I don't know anything about professional soccer.

Because people from Pittsburgh don't have a full set of teeth and "breed" with their cousins. ;) :D

Plus, Woody Hayes taught me not give a damn about the whole state of Michigan.

No that's West Virgina. I just don't hate the Cleveland Browns and their fans, I hate the whole city of Cleveland, I refuse to see the Rock and Roll hall of fame because it's in Cleveland.

That city is full of cry babies....they always cry about the Steelers....well maybe if you can win just three Superbowls you can be mentioned in the same breath as the Steelers...no you will have to win five like the Steelers.

Yeah I know you won Championships before, but the competition wasn't that good back then was it? Hell the city of Cleveland sucks so bad that the best running back at the time left his career early to make terrible movies.

Granted I don't like other teams, the Bungles because of Sam Wyche and Iccy Woods(SP?), the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans because of Bum Philips and Fisher, the Baltimore Ravens because they use to be in Cleveland and Ray Lewis, the Rangers because of Messier, the Flyers because they are cross state rivals, Penn State because of the Pitt/Penn State games and now because they refuse to play Pitt, and the Cubs because every one has to feel sorry for them because they haven't won over 100 years...BS...I hope they never win another world Series.

But the difference is that I don't hate those cities or towns, I would live in any of those places if I got the right job and house, I just HATE the city of Cleveland, and everything that has to do with the city of Cleveland.:D

No that's West Virgina. I just don't hate the Cleveland Browns and their fans, I hate the whole city of Cleveland, I refuse to see the Rock and Roll hall of fame because it's in Cleveland.

That city is full of cry babies....they always cry about the Steelers....well maybe if you can win just three Superbowls you can be mentioned in the same breath as the Steelers...no you will have to win five like the Steelers.

Yeah I know you won Championships before, but the competition wasn't that good back then was it? Hell the city of Cleveland sucks so bad that the best running back at the time left his career early to make terrible movies.

Granted I don't like other teams, the Bungles because of Sam Wyche and Iccy Woods(SP?), the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans because of Bum Philips and Fisher, the Baltimore Ravens because they use to be in Cleveland and Ray Lewis, the Rangers because of Messier, the Flyers because they are cross state rivals, Penn State because of the Pitt/Penn State games and now because they refuse to play Pitt, and the Cubs because every one has to feel sorry for them because they haven't won over 100 years...BS...I hope they never win another world Series.

But the difference is that I don't hate those cities or towns, I would live in any of those places if I got the right job and house, I just HATE the city of Cleveland, and everything that has to do with the city of Cleveland.:D
Wow!...Tell us what you really think...baoput Cleveland...Holy sh*t!
That was abaout a 5 gallon bucket of "Hate-o-rade".

Don't worry Yinzer. The feeling is mutual here in the great city of Cleveland! See you Week 2 on Sunday Night! Go Browns!

BTW, isn't it time for you to go tend to your "pet" goat?

New York Jets

I don't know were to start this this so-called franchise. The fans they hang on to 1969 and the most over-rated player in the history of the NFL. They are bums who never had their own home, first the mets home now the Giants. The worst drafts in the history of the NFL. Browning Nagel over Brett Favre, Blair Thomas over Emmitt Smith, ect.....

I can't stand the 2 rat bastards that run the team now, Mangini and Tannenbaum.

SamC hates everything Big East because he's stuck in the past and refuses to accept that Florida State's not that great anymore.

Get in the 21st century... please.

New York Jets

worst drafts in the history of the NFL. Browning Nagel over Brett Favre, Blair Thomas over Emmitt Smith, ect.....

You forgot a lot. There are many more great players the Jets could have had:

1980: Johnny Lam Jones ahead of Anthony Munoz AND Art Monk, both members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

1981: Freeman McNeil- he wasn't horrible, but Ronnie Lott, Mike Singletary, and Howie Long were still available

1982: Bob Crable ahead of Andre Tippett

1983: Ken O'Brien wasn't bad with the Jets, but went before Dan Marino and Darrell Green

1984: Al Toon WAS a fine player for the Jets, but they could have had a guy named Jerry Rice, who turned out to be a pretty decent player

1987: Roger Vick (No relation to a certain ex-Falcon) was taken by the Jets while Christian Okoye and Jim Harbaugh were still available

1988: Dave Cadigan over Michael Irvin, Ken Norton Jr, Bill Romanowski, and Thurman Thomas

1990: You mentioned Blair Thomas over Emmitt Smith. He also went before Cortez Kennedy, Junior Seau, and Shannon Sharpe.

1993: Marvin Jones ahead of Wille Roaf, Jerome Bettis, John Lynch, Jason Elam, Mark Brunell, Frank Wycheck, Troy Brown, Trent Green, and Michael Strahan

1994: Aaron Glenn ahead of Isaac Bruce, Rodney Harrison and Larry Allen

1995: Kyle Brady ahead of JJ Stokes, Ty Law, Derrick Brooks, Terrell Davis, and Warren Sapp (I remember the Jets fan saying We want Sapp!)

1997: If only they held on to James Farrior instead of letting him end up in Pittsburgh OR they drafted Warrick Dunn, Tony Gonzalez, Jake Plummer, Tiki Barber, Dexter Coakley, Rodney Barber, Jason Taylor, and Mike Vrabel.

1998: Dorian Boose ahead of Hines Ward , the late Pat Tillman, and Matt Hasslebeck.

1999: Randy Thomas ahead of Joey Porter and Donald Driver

2000: Missed out on Shaun Alexander, Lavreneus Coles, Dante Hall, Neil Rackers, Adalius Thomas... and that Tom Brady guy, who turned out O.K.

2001: Yes, the Jets drafted Santana Moss, but WHY did they trade him?
Also, they could have Steve Hutchinson, Deuce McAllister, Reggie Wayne, Drew Brees, Alge Crumpler, Rudi Johnson, T.J. Housmanzadeh, and Steve Smith.

As for WR, they passed up on Ocho Cinco!

2002: Bryan Thomas ahead of Ed Reed, Lito Sheppard, Clinton Portis, Brian Westbrook.

I'll just stop there.

As a Raiders fan....we hate the Chiefs because ....Marcus Allen went there(thanks AL:rolleyes:)...and because they're the Chiefs. We truly hate the Broncos because of that weasel, Mike Shanahan AND they are the Broncos. And then there is the New England "F**ING tuck rule" Patriots! My LUST...and that is the ONLY word that fits...to see them lose is crazy! Let's put it this way.... I WANTED them to go undefeated during the regular season....ONLY BECAUSE it would make them losing in the Super Bowl...THAT MUCH SWEETER!

And they didn't let me down.....Karma, I guess, for running up the score and spygate.

My TOTAL revenge has not come to pass until they HAVE to play the Raiders for something like either playoff spot or home field throughout....hmmm, like later this year....:D;)

I don't hate the Packers, I hate Packer fans.

Why?

Have you ever seen a Packer fan?
This is exactly why I hate the Columbus (Georgia) Cottonmouths (minor league hockey). Because of the Fans, you can't help but love to hate the team they support...? Those people over there are so out of it, it's as if they can't decide (they are definitely confused about something) whether they are Georgian's or Alabaman's...!!!! Whatever it is? They take it out on everybody..........

As far as football is concerned, I'm an ABC fan. Anyone But Cowboys. And damn if I don't live here. I've been here nearly 20 years now and STILL hate them. Growing up near Houston will do that to you.

Hate the steelers, too, but hey, that's from growing up in Houston in the 70s.

Grow up in NY state as a Yankee fan, and you have it in your blood to despise the Red Sox. The Yanks can lose to any other team, and any other team can win, BUT the Red Sox. Its in the DNA, I think... :D

And it is amazing how long such strong feelings last. Years and years go by, but the antagonism towards the bosox lives strong.

And of course, for Bosox fans, its the same with the Yankees :D

Grow up in NY state as a Yankee fan, and you have it in your blood to despise the Red Sox. The Yanks can lose to any other team, and any other team can win, BUT the Red Sox. Its in the DNA, I think... :D

And it is amazing how long such strong feelings last. Years and years go by, but the antagonism towards the bosox lives strong.

And of course, for Bosox fans, its the same with the Yankees :D

Funny, I lived my teen years in upstate NY and I grew to HATE ALL NY teams. I use to live in Rochester, NY...and damn did I hate the Buffalo Bills during the Super Bowl years....but they would never disappoint me in the Super Bowl by getting their ass squashed! LOL:D Seeing that you are mentioned the Red Sox, I never hated them...but slowly, they have become the NEW "evil empire". Don't get me wrong, I still dislike the Yankees...but they have become so insignificant that they become an afterthought.

Why do I hate a team?

Simple, their in Michigan. Any and every team in Michigan.

Oh, and any team in Pittsburgh. The only thing good to come out of Pittsburgh that I know of is Zombies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts