Why doesn't this work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The best way to go about this is going to be a master reset. First thing, as others have said, is to locate G1. If it's in the sat menu, select G1..let it move to where it thinks G1 is. This will be wrong, because the sats are still set up for whoever's dish the box came from. When it stops at G1, select channel 5 and manually drive east or west until you get a picture of analog channel "Classic Arts Showcase" it will have "ARTS" in the lower right corner of the screen. After finding this channel, select 3 and you should have a DCII lock with green light. Once you have a lock on ch3, you can do the master reset. After the reset, G1 will be at 5000, right where it should be. Let it sit on 3 for a little while so it can download the satellite list. After the satellite list is populated, you'll want to program C3- to the east of G1 and C4- to the west of G1. Use channel 7..C-Span on C3 and 9 or 10...QVC and HSN, on C4. Once you have C4, G1, and C3 programmed in, the unit uses the distances between these sats to calculate the positions of all the other birds, and when I did mine, it's calculations are pretty darn close! I hope this is of some help! :)

"Color Bars Analog Channel 8" sound like a good new topic, along with approx direction.
I don't have an Analog Receiver to check for you.

Crossed in the mail. While I was in there with the receiver, the post with the master reset instructions came through. My new question: I have found C3, G1, and C4, with the QVC channel the absolute best quality of the bunch. On C3, I found channel 10, a shopping show, on G1 I found Classic Arts on 5, EWTN on 11, Shop NBC on 12, and some other show on 17. The only good quality on G1 is channel 12 with 11 coming in right behind. On C4, I got the absolute best picture and sound, QVC on channel 9. Also got some fuzzy channel 10 and 19.
The question is, Should I do that master reset procedure after getting this far manually, or just keep trying to build on what I have found. My index numbers are way off (if that matters) since my G1 is nowhere near 5000 now.

It MAY work without the reset, but the instructions for the 4DTV (which I found online somewhere) called for G1 to be at 5000, so that's how I did mine.
Then, for each new sat you want, it'll say "move the dish to xxxx" to program them in.
(And each sat was only a couple, if any, clicks off from the suggested number)
I think if G1 is not at 5000, it may throw off the suggestions for the others, making it harder to find them.

DCII light does not come on for G1 ch3, or for any other channel for that matter. Am I hosed?

Last edited:
I do *not* get a good, clear picture on ARTS. I could barely make out some classical music being performed, but no amount of tweaking has helped on that channel.
Is the DCII light the key to the master reset? I don't see a reset button anywhere?

I do *not* get a good, clear picture on ARTS. I could barely make out some classical music being performed, but no amount of tweaking has helped on that channel.
Is the DCII light the key to the master reset? I don't see a reset button anywhere?
The master reset is in the menu. But if you don't have a near-perfect picture on Classic Arts and a green light on channel 3 don't do it. The G1-3 signal is where it will download an updated satellite list. The skew may be off a bit... I use LNBFs on my dishes so I don't have that problem. Does your feed have an LNBF, or LNBs with polarotor?

I don't know what's under the hood. The brand name on the cover says Laser. In the setup menu, I set it to C-Band LNB. There are so many options in the setup menus, I don't know if any are off.
That QVC channel comes in clear as bell on C4, and I can't figure out the problem on G1.
Where in the menu is the master reset? Maybe my unit is not a 922, but the previous model. Would that make a difference? But I won't do reset even if I find it, until one of you guys tells me it's safe to proceed. I've gotten ahead of myself too many times on this project.

Skew Settings
...........H........V
C4......15.....-65
G1.......5......-80
I used Autoskew on each when I first set them up. Now I notice that my receiver only allows vertical tweaking on C4, and horizontal tweaking on G1. The receiver must "know" which is correct to adjust on each bird?

my receiver only allows vertical tweaking on C4, and horizontal tweaking on G1.
Well there in lies the problem. Odd channels on G1 are VERTICAL ...this is why you can't get a good pic on 5 or a DCII lock on 3. The skew on G1 vertical needs adjusting. (did I say I hate polarotors???) :D

Oh boy. I guess I've got to go back in there try to do something. You would think that the receiver programming would have known about that, and make it so that the user could adjust either skew. And now I see why I was able to tweak in G1 channel 12 so nicely.

Yeah, mine's set up for C-Band LNBF in the menu, so, no skew adjustment. I'm kind of afraid to mess with it for testing purposes, so I'm sure someone else on here has a 4DTV and a polarotor setup. Maybe they'll chime in with the answer... I always thought you could adjust skew on either polarity. All I can say is make sure yours is set to "C-Band LNB" in the menu.:) We're getting real close to you having a fully functional BUD though! :D:up

Yes, we are getting close.
How about if I reverse the polarizer wires on the back of the receiver... just while adjusting odd number channels on G1? Would that work?

I thought "pulse" pertained to the actuator. Does the polarizer also require a pulse?
I would leave ground alone and reverse the other two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)