Why dont I get all locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I actually live about 40 miles from DC. I hooked up an outdoor antenna I have had. (Not a permanent setup - just sitting against the house aimed toward DC). I can get some DC analog channels and 5 digital channels. The problem is I wont be able to record any DC channel on my Directv DVR - that is why it would have been nice to have DC channels included. I know programming may be similar but there are differences - some shows are on different times, etc.

Anyways, thanks for the replies.

I'm assuming you have an HR-21 or HR-22? You can get an add-on device caleld the AM-21. It will allow you to integrate your antenna into your DVR seemlessly.

Maybe you can subscribe to just the locals with Comcast. I believe they serve Columbia. By the way, the DC and Baltimore channels both cover different local news markets. The two don't mix, like oil and water.

He doesn't live in Columbia. I found that out when he said he lived 40 miles from DC.

He doesn't live in Columbia. I found that out when he said he lived 40 miles from DC.
Sorry for the confusion. I said in my original post that I lived near Columbia because that's a town that people heard of. I actaully live in the country close to Dayton and Gleneig, about 10-15 miles from Columbia.

i hate this local cable in my area gets both Bristol,and Knoxville Tennessee stations, however DTVis not allowed to offer the same....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)