why is dish not adding hd channels?

I'm just about done with E* if they don't have NESNHD 24/7 by opening day I go Comcast fulltime till FIOS is online on my street sometime in June/July.

I believe the few hd national channels that have been uplinked are in no danger. Yet. We will see in the next several uplink reports how it will all shake out.

Probably the same reason that the big media corporations are not starting up a bunch of new FM and AM stations every day for those people who do not wish to have TV's or the internet.

Tv is not a big deal but if you dont have internet access these days you are living in the stoneage and a disadvantage.

I'm just about done with E* if they don't have NESNHD 24/7 by opening day I go Comcast fulltime till FIOS is online on my street sometime in June/July.

You might as well leave now. Even if they add NESNHD, it would only be on during certain telecasts. I believe Big Ten HD is the only one they have on 24/7.
I'm lucky if they have 1 or 2 things on the air a week on my RSN (FSSW).

I've been a dish customer for 11 years now and I agree with Roachxp, enough is enough. nesnhp should be by now and I don't believe there ever was any negotiations, Charlie doesn't live in New England and doesn't really care! I'd like to know from somebody this question? if a customer wants to quit Dish, how do you get the money that a person pays a month in advanced? do they credit your credit card? thanks

i just wanted to know what is stopping dish today from adding hd channels (i.e.) scifi hd ,usa hd?

They have the space allocationed for those two channels on 110.

They are negotiating with the channel provider. Currently the price asked is too high. That "price" might incldue mandatory carriage of other channels that Dish does not want at this time.

FiOS is going to kick satellite's ass..and I am in the satellite business...

But be careful .Check the FiOS channel lineup first...

if NESN showed all the games they carry in HD but not their caoches shows and the like , would that be satisfactory?

Not in areas services by AT&T, Quest, Embarq, Cincinnati Bell and the many other local telephone companies that are out there. Even in Verizon service areas it's going to be MANY years before, if ever, FIOS is rolled out to smaller/rural areas, just ask the folks in the North East where Verizon wouldn't even upgrade their infrastructure to support DSL service and eventually sold off the market. The same thing can be said for AT&T's Uverse product, heck they cherry picking areas of Austin now for where you can get service, doesn't matter how many channels the service has and how cheap it is if you can't get it.

When might that be? I can think of entire states that may never get FIOS service. Until they can figure out a way to bring more than 500 live channels into the home plus hundreds of foreign language and other out-of-market offerings, I think satellite will be with us.

What is FiOS? Is that TV via internet? I heard Sky Angel was going to internet connection.
It's Verizon's name for their fiber to the home product. They use a fiber connection vs. copper cable for telco and coax for TV which allows for much greater bandwidth capabilities. It's not TV via internet, in its current implementation is bascially cable TV using fiber vs. coax, not IPTV like AT&T's UVerse service is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)