Why is Dish NOT splitting Noggin/The N

maxmoto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
NW Ohio
I had my daughter was watching noggin last night thinking that after 6:00pm it would still be noggin, but NO E* switches to The N. WTF!! They stayed noggin on the 31st like they were supposed to.

I am about to the last straw with E*!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Another Viacom Dispute?

This could be a sign of another contractual dispute between Dish Network and Viacom.

That's because Charlie HAS to screw it up. !protest Typical Dish policies.

Last edited:
Isn't noggin and the N the same network. I thought it was young children's programming early in the day and teen programming at night. Hence the name the N‚ as in "Noggin"

Isn't noggin and the N the same network. I thought it was young children's programming early in the day and teen programming at night. Hence the name the N‚ as in "Noggin"

That seems to be correct. See the bottom of the Noggin schedule page (N O G G I N: TV Schedule) to find this information:

"At 6pm ET every day The N, the teen block on Noggin, takes over the channel."

More proof comes from the Noggin FAQ page (N O G G I N: For Parents: Frequently Asked Questions):

"WHAT IS THE N?
The N, a Nick Digital Television network aimed at teens, succeeds NOGGIN each night. The N's teen-centric programming airs from 6pm-6am (ET) nightly. The N's award-winning comedies, dramas and reality series feature older teens and tackle the tough issues that many teens face. While these programs are entertaining and thought-provoking, they contain material that many parents may not find suitable for younger children."

This is the 5th thread about this channel and Dish's lack of commen sense to split it and show both channels. Maybe someone could merge them all.

This is NOT a dish issue. Those upset need to take it up with the network. There is no channel to split. It is the same channel.

The channels were split on 12/31. Every other major provider has 2 24hr channels, Noggin and the N. Nick GaS was discontinued and will be going to an internet channel. This info comes from commercials on the channels, their respective internet sites and the press release in Aug 07. Yes indeed they were split, but dish changes the channel feed every day at 6pm est. That would be a dish problem.

Even Scott posted how he was excited to see the split and when Dish did not show both channels in their entirety, that he did not know what they were doing. He wrote a nice article on Multi Channell news a few days ago about it.

That seems to be correct. See the bottom of the Noggin schedule page (N O G G I N: TV Schedule) to find this information:

More proof comes from the Noggin FAQ page (N O G G I N: For Parents: Frequently Asked Questions):

"WHAT IS THE N?
The N, a Nick Digital Television network aimed at teens, succeeds NOGGIN each night. The N's teen-centric programming airs from 6pm-6am (ET) nightly. The N's award-winning comedies, dramas and reality series feature older teens and tackle the tough issues that many teens face. While these programs are entertaining and thought-provoking, they contain material that many parents may not find suitable for younger children."

Follow the schedule link in this reply, Look at the ad on the left of the schedule. The schedule has 24 hr programming. That was the old switch over before the holidays.

Dish had it right on the 31st. They had noggin programming all day. This is not viacoms issue it is dishes.

"WHAT IS THE N?

The split was announced in August. I actually can claim to have reported it to Tony at the Channel Chart. This was two months before the News Monitor went live. Nick to Split Noggin and The N - 8/13/2007 4:45:00 PM - Multichannel News

The N and Noggin are now broadcasting there own 24 hr master feeds for each channel from Viacom. Dish decided to merge the two feeds (with a video switcher) on one channel, using the old shared channel time frame. Dish is still broadcasting GAS, but for the life of me can't figure out where there getting the feed from, since the old GAS master feed is now the N 24/7. Maybe there using a dvr with stuff they recorded.

This issue is on Dishes end and not on Viacom's. So all calls, e-mails etc should be directed to Dish.

Attachments

• mtvnetworks-masterfeeds.jpg
    mtvnetworks-masterfeeds.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 598
Last edited:
The N and Noggin are now broadcasting there own 24 hr master feeds for each channel from Viacom. Dish decided to merge the two feeds (with a video switcher) on one channel, using the old shared channel time frame. Dish is still broadcasting GAS, but for the life of me can't figure out where there getting the feed from, since the old GAS master feed is now the N 24/7. Maybe there using a dvr with stuff they recorded.

This issue is on Dishes end and not on Viacom's. So all calls, e-mails etc should be directed to Dish.

Why are they going to all the trouble to pull this sh*t on us? Just because they don't want to carry them as seperate channels?

This is NOT a dish issue. Those upset need to take it up with the network. There is no channel to split. It is the same channel.
Ok.....so i was under assumption that this was a switch in programing at certain hour to a new target audience..I still don't see what the big deal is...To the OP..there is nothing to get upset about..Unless of course you have a kid that goes postal because her tv viewing isn't as fulfilling as she'd like it to be...
Good post cincy!!!

Finally someone who did a little homework...It's the same thing as the Nickelodeon onad Nick at Nite..It is one channel ..Just a switch in the type of programming..
To the OP..there is nothing to get upset about..Unless of course you have a kid that goes postal because her tv viewing isn't as fulfilling as she'd like it to be...
Good post cincy!!!

You might want to read Scott post at Dish Network is Not Using Their Noggin - The Satellite Dish - Blog on Multichannel News ,sounds like it is a Dish problem and not something that Nick needs to fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts