Why is Dish NOT splitting Noggin/The N

I had my daughter was watching noggin last night thinking that after 6:00pm it would still be noggin, but NO E* switches to The N. WTF!! They stayed noggin on the 31st like they were supposed to.

I am about to the last straw with E*!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Calm down.....What is the big deal?
Does your daughter go postal because her tv viewing isn't quite to her liking?
I have an idea. Here's a perfect opportunity for you to maybe read a book to your daughter..A little father/daughter bonding..How' bout it...
There are tons of other kids channels on E* try them..

Finally someone who did a little homework...It's the same thing as the Nickelodeon onad Nick at Nite..It is one channel ..Just a switch in the type of programming..
To the OP..there is nothing to get upset about..Unless of course you have a kid that goes postal because her tv viewing isn't as fulfilling as she'd like it to be...
Good post cincy!!!

Um, do you actually WATCH this channel? They have been announcing for months that both Noggin and The N would be split into two 24 hr channels December 31. Nick has already done this. Dish is going out of their way to keep it the way it was so they don't have to carry two seperate channels. Perhaps you should do the research.

Calm down..It's all one channel. There was no "switch"..This is the same thing over on Nickelodeon. In the evening they call themslves "Nick at Nite"...Just programming to a different audience...What is the big deal?
Does your daughter go postal because her tv viewing isn't quite to her liking?
I have an idea. Here's a perfect opportunity for you to maybe read a book to your daughter..A little father/daughter bonding..How' bout it...

You might want to check Scott article at
Dish Network is Not Using Their Noggin - The Satellite Dish - Blog on Multichannel News

Why are they going to all the trouble to pull this sh*t on us? Just because they don't want to carry them as seperate channels?

I think it's because Charlie is to cheap to give the bandwidth up. Charlie tends to get in programing disputes at the begining of every year. This is just another one for the books.

Um, do you actually WATCH this channel? They have been announcing for months that both Noggin and The N would be split into two 24 hr channels December 31. Nick has already done this. Dish is going out of their way to keep it the way it was so they don't have to carry two seperate channels. Perhaps you should do the research.

All right take it easy.. I just looked around found myself in error...
So what is the big deal anyway?

People are clamoring for more HD in far greater numbers than for kids programing. Would it not be possible that E* is trying to look for ways to save space while providing other prgramming as well?
I see why they say "you can't please all the people all the time"...
No matter what one does, somebody is going to be pissed off at you...
Is Noggin THE only kid's channel in the E* lineup? No..So why the hell hath no rath like a 6 year old tv viewer scorned?

All right take it easy.. I just looked around found myself in error...
So what is the big deal anyway?

People are clamoring for more HD in far greater numbers than for kids programing. Would it not be possible that E* is trying to look for ways to save space while providing other prgramming as well?
I see why they say "you can't please all the people all the time"...
No matter what one does, somebody is going to be pissed off at you...
Is Noggin THE only kid's channel in the E* lineup? No..So why the hell hath no rath like a 6 year old tv viewer scorned?

The problem with it is, this is the way the content provider wants it carried! That's a very big deal, and possibly a legal one. Nick deliberately made these into two seperate channels. Dish is refusing to go along with that. It isn't Dish's prerogative to do that. It would be like Dish saying "We as a company don't like Adam Sandler movies" so, they root through HBO, Showtime, etc and replace any Adam Sandler movies with other programming. Then when people call up and complain, they spin it by saying "We're pleased to announce that Dish customers won't be inconvenienced by Adam Sandler movies."

The problem with it is, this is the way the content provider wants it carried! That's a very big deal, and possibly a legal one. Nick deliberately made these into two seperate channels. Dish is refusing to go along with that. It isn't Dish's prerogative to do that. It would be like Dish saying "We as a company don't like Adam Sandler movies" so, they root through HBO, Showtime, etc and replace any Adam Sandler movies with other programming. Then when people call up and complain, they spin it by saying "We're pleased to announce that Dish customers won't be inconvenienced by Adam Sandler movies."

Ok..If this is a legal issue, why is E* not being pursued legally?..That is a question .Not a challenge.
IS it not possible that E* has the ok from Nick to do this type of split?
One would think that if this was not permitted under the contract that the ownership of Nick, that company would be contacting the legal dept at Dish to straighten them out, No?
BTW VS and The Golf Channel share an HD channel on E*'s lineup...No consternation over that..Not a peep on here..

Ok..If this is a legal issue, why is E* not being pursued legally?..That is a question .Not a challenge.
One would think that if this was not permitted under the contract that the ownership of Nick, that company would be contacting the legal dept at Dish to straighten them out, No?

It likely hasn't been long enough. Legal challenges don't work at light speed. It's only been a few days. And I said it MAY be a legal issue. In and event, it's certainly a crappy thing to do.

BTW VS and The Golf Channel share an HD channel on E*'s lineup...No consternation over that..Not a peep on here..

No, because there may be an agreement in place for that, due to not having their complete lineups in HD. This appears to be a rogue action by Dish. Dish is starting to get the reputation of being an irresponsible company that does whatever it wants, and worries about the lawsuits later.

No, because there may be an agreement in place for that, due to not having their complete lineups in HD. This appears to be a rogue action by Dish. Dish is starting to get the reputation of being an irresponsible company that does whatever it wants, and worries about the lawsuits later.

Could also be that the agreement between dish and Nick may state that they share a channel and so dish may not be in violation of the agreement.

We simply don't have enough information to make any time of judgment call at this point in time (in my opinion).

Geoff

1. You obviously do not have kids
2. You have no idea what programming is broadcast on this channel (when you suggest that there are other kids channels-not the same at all)
3. You have no idea that this would take no more bandwidth as it's just swapping programming on existing channels

So, what are you doing on this thread?

Last edited:
Could also be that the agreement between dish and Nick may state that they share a channel and so dish may not be in violation of the agreement.

We simply don't have enough information to make any time of judgment call at this point in time (in my opinion).

Geoff

True, we just don't know. I hope it doesn't say this way. I have two little boys who were very upset over the whole Franklin movie thing.

how oh how to all those kids who don't have noggin or the n at all live? it must be hard not to get moesha and go diego go reruns 24/7. where will they turn for their dora? oh, wait, to nickelodeon and nick west...

seriously though, don't dish often do programming changes in february at the time they also do price increases? maybe they are just waiting until then?

the split reminds me of back in the 36 channel cable system. my company as a kid would switch from Nick to BET at 8pm. sometimes they would do it a few minutes early and cut off the end of dangermouse. And when Nick started nick at night, we couldn't get that for a couple of years until our system expanded to the 99 channel setup.

I do, so am I allowed to comment in this thread ? I will anyway...

My kids noticed NOTHING in regards to this. They don't care.... Their lives don't revolve around the television either. Honestly people, we should be doing things to get our kids to do better things than watching TV !

I have two little boys who were very upset over the whole Franklin movie thing.
Still ? Do something with them.... Go on a bike ride with them. Read some books or color in some coloring books. Christmas was just 2 weeks ago... Play with them with some of their new toys.

Still ? Do something with them.... Go on a bike ride with them. Read some books or color in some coloring books. Christmas was just 2 weeks ago... Play with them with some of their new toys.

I agree with Hall. I don't see the big deal with this N/Noggin channel. I also have kids and there are more important things that watching tv.

It likely hasn't been long enough. Legal challenges don't work at light speed. It's only been a few days. And I said it MAY be a legal issue. In and event, it's certainly a crappy thing to do.

Ok then. How do you know there is not an agreement with Noggin to do the same thing.?
Why is it that there is always something sinister going on? Why is the VS/Golf thing not crappy? But this Noggin channel share a federal case?
IMO this is a flyspeck.
A non issue. There are tons of kids channels out there. It seems that some parents on here that have high maintenence kids that go ballistic if they don't see their favorite show whenever they want. They don't want to hear their kid scream or indulge their kids to the point of spoiling them.
People......Read a book to your kid. Let them play outside..TV isn't earth shattering..No one is going to succumb to a terminal illness because Noggin isn't available 24 hrs a day.

2. You have no idea what programming is broadcast on this channel (when you suggest that there are other kids channels-not the same at all)
3. You have no idea that this would take no more bandwidth as it's just swapping programming on existing channels

Stop whining. Sorry your children will have to do with few less hours of televsion bliss. Trust me they will get over it. And it seems like that will be a lot sooner than you will.
My kid is a teen now.
Kids channels are kids channels. No big deal. They will adjust.
Do your children have any other activities besides watching TV?
One thing in raising my kid that I threw down the gauntlet on is the tv was NOT to be an electronic baby sitter.
Does that hit a nerve with you?
look, All you people who think there is some fiendish plot on the part of Dish to deprive your little cupcake of their favorite show need to take a pill. There are contracts, agreements, ect. that must be in place for these type of programming decisions to take place.
I have an idea..if this is that important to you, find another program provider.
BTW don't you dare use that condscending tone with me. I will post on any subject/thread I wish. Your assumption that I have no children was dead wrong.
Good day to you.

True, we just don't know. I hope it doesn't say this way. I have two little boys who were very upset over the whole Franklin movie thing.
Are they still upset? Or have they as most kids do, moved on?
Kids are far more resilient than you know. They adjust quickly. That's one of the benefits of a child's short attention span.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)