Why is Dish NOT splitting Noggin/The N

He prolly didn't know they carried "The N" till his preteen daughter threw a hissy fit at 6pm on December 31st

It seems that Dish isn't going to split the feeds. According to LyngSat, there is change to reflect Nick GAS feed. Also, if go to the new The-N website. It shows that new channel is 169 and old is 169. It appears that Dish is manually switching the feed at 6:00ET. At 5:55, noggin said Backyardigans is next, then The-N.

Has Nick GAS has updated their website? Here is the latest on GAS.

So how do you get GAS?

GAS is already available in millions of homes across the country through local cable providers and the DISH Network satellite system. And GAS is spreading all the time.

If you can't get GAS where you live, contact your cable company and ask them to get in game and start offering GAS. It's time to play ball.
GAS Nick GAS - Watch GAS

I think the ones starting the personal attacks were the ones implying that people who had a simple question about programming were raising their kids badly if they cared about this. Next time someone complains about macroblocking or swimming grass during a football game I'm going to tell them to shut up, turn off the TV , and go outside for awhile! ;)

As for the actual issue, I don't see why they would do this. Dish carries Noggin/The N on one channel and Nick GAS on the other. Nick says we're going to drop GAS and separate The N to that channel. Where is the lost bandwidth for Dish if they follow through? How does manually merging these two separate channels AND keeping some version of GAS on another do anything for Dish? I'd understand if they were merging the two channels and getting rid of the spare extra. But before the switch they carry two channels - and now after the switch they still carry two channels. I think what everyone here wants to know - if others will stop bringing our kids into it - is why is Dish not giving us the channels correctly?

My guess is this is a contractual thing.
Noggin/N is in AT200
Gas is in AT250

With the split, Dish probably wants either Noggin or N to take Gas's place in AT250.

Viacom probably wants both to stay in AT200.

The contract probably says Noggin/N in middle package, Gas in highest package. Viacom probably won't let them move Noggin or N to the highest because of the contract, so Dish probably said "fine, then we'll leave them the way they are".

Makes sense. But GAS is still a waste of bandwidth.

How about this idea? Broadcast Noggin/N as now on AT200, and then N/Noggin on AT250? That way, those of us who already have AT250 will be only slightly inconvenienced. ;)

But what happens when GAS leaves satellite? It's still supposed to be doing that, right? Why drag it out so long?

But what happens when GAS leaves satellite? It's still supposed to be doing that, right? Why drag it out so long?

Nick GAS left satellite December 31st 6 AM EST. That master feed became The N 24/7. Noggin stayed on there master feed and went 24/7.

I don't know where Charlie is still getting it from.

You'd think that Nick could control this, now wouldn't you ? And if so, Nick could stop this ... but they haven't. Hmmm...

The programing rights for Gas belongs to Viacom. I would think they can control what dish does with there programming. I don't know what the contract states between Dish and Viacom. If Charlie is beyond the limitations of his contract, he's the one in hot water. The only thing I can think of is Viacom is allowing him to play Gas reruns to keep the channel alive and provide the only other source beside Turbo Nick for Gas.

Since it's not being fed from the masters on C band anymore it has to be recordings or some backhaul via fiber or the internet. I haven't seen any new satellite feeds on C or Ku band that are feeding Gas since the switch to the N.

sky mexico also has nick gas
digital cabel sytems in emxico ahev the n but sky mexico has ncik gas also

Sucks GAS sucks gas and I don't know how or why Dish Network is still broadcasting that waste. It was suppose to become The N. I even stayed up on December 31st and at 6 AM one crappy game show ended and another crappy game show came on seamless without any interruption so I don't want to hear that bull that GAS is off and The N replaced it because it is still on.

I think the problem is that that waste is on the Top 250 and Ch 169 is on the Top 200. I have the Top 250 and up so just split the stinking channels like you suppose too Dish.

Sucks GAS sucks gas and I don't know how or why Dish Network is still broadcasting that waste. It was suppose to become The N. I even stayed up on December 31st and at 6 AM one crappy game show ended and another crappy game show came on seamless without any interruption so I don't want to hear that bull that GAS is off and The N replaced it because it is still on.

I think the problem is that that waste is on the Top 250 and Ch 169 is on the Top 200. I have the Top 250 and up so just split the stinking channels like you suppose too Dish.
Can someone explain why a " GUY" would care so much about a channel aimed at teenage girls!!:eek:

Can someone explain why a " GUY" would care so much about a channel aimed at teenage girls!!:eek:

I'm a guy, but I love the "N" because of DeGrassi, Saved by the Bell, and the Fresh Prince, which are all shows I grew up watching, and I still love them!

ETA: I just read they are going to show "That 70's Show" starting this Summer, too.

Definitely creepy, time for me to go watch monsters inc with my daughter.

Has anyone been able to get a reasonable answer out of Dish Network or Viacom over why these channels are not being split? Personally, I find the lack of clarity on the part of both networks given all of the PR about the 24/7 change as unacceptable.

good question. But I think it goes beyond this particular channel..Perhaps the concern is over setting a precedent..Just a guess.
Personally I don't see what all the fuss over this dopey channel is about.. I don't care either...