Why is no one watching NBC's Thursday lineup?

if viewers are anything like me, they have pretty much removed NBC from their favorites after their years of ineptness.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

NBC used to be relevant, but not for many years and if it went totally dark, I doubt many would miss it. After GE sold it to Comcrap, I don't see this changing, so have removed it from the favorites list as there is nothing on there that anyone here wants to watch. Its kind of sad, as it was a good network way back when.

I think it is absurd to compare the current NBC thursday lineup to the ineup of the late 80s or even the mid 90s. Viewers have more choices now so it is unlikely that ANY lineup will rival the ratings achieved by those shows or the CBS Saturday lineup of the 70s but the shows on there today simly do not have the mass appeal that the Must See Tv lineup had.

Big Bang Theory is on CBS on Thursday nights. In fact, the only show that is watched in our house that comes on NBC is The Biggest Loser. I was pretty much done with NBC after the whole late night debacle a couple of years ago.

ahh Come on how about that disaster that NBC pulled trying to put on a Talk show at 10PM Monday through Friday to try to save money. That had to be NBC's biggest mistake in years.

ABC's primetime lineup sucks just as bad. Can't stand; American Karaoke, Dancing with the has beens, or Trying to hook up with the Hot Single Guy. Can anything be as lame, oooh wait The Screecher, America has no Talent, The Sorcerers Apprentice, The Lame Factor etc...... Wow its so bad American networks are buying up British dramas now, it used to be the opposite. America use to sell our dramas and comedies. The problem is no network has any ideas or refuses to have an open mind about regular scripted shows. It's turned into a money game and its a giant race to the bottom.

John

I don't watch ANY of the Thursday night shows , other than 30 rock and even that show is getting on my nerves. That show too could be cancelled and I wouldn't miss it. In fact I think I only watch maybe 4 shows on NBC at all, and one of them is Sat.Night live. And I've been watching SNL since it started in 1975.

It's interesting the article brings up comedies like Night Court and The Cosby Show, because those were the last sit-coms I ever watched on a regular basis. I don't know if it's just I'm not in the right demographic, but I find most sit-com humor since the beginning of the "Seinfeld" era to be "uncomfortable humor". Each time I see comedies now, the humor is based on some one doing something outlandish, out of the norm or just plain stupid and then other people making fun of it until I just have to change the channel.

Humor doesn't seem to be based of funny situations or complicated character juxtapositions, like Mr. Wheeler explaining his transgression to Judge Harry Stone, or the DA trying to rush the president of the Slow Talkers of America in his testimony so he could get out on a hot date. (See: Night Court) Humor now is based on how uncomfortable and out of the norm one can get. In shows like "The Office" and "Community" the humor is completely derived from uncomfortable situations and I, for one, just cannot watch for more than a few minutes. I had this problem with Seinfeld too. Though I found some segments funny, if I sat through an entire episode, it was a lot.

So this viewer no longer even looks at sit-coms, and sorry NBC, I just don't see a Hillstreet Blues, ER or any other quality drama on your network anymore. There is no "must see TV" on Thursdays or any day of the week for that matter. Why on Earth NBC/Universal shows like Fairly Legal, Burn Notice and Royal Pains aren't on NBC I will never understand! USA Network (an NBC/Universal channel) is the number 1 rated cable network for years now, but NBC itself can't come up with a formula for their own success?

NBC could cancel every single show and I wouldn't care. I'm still mad that they cancelled Earl and Southland. Glad TNT picked it up.

S~

I don't think you can really blame a show because it appears in the same time slot as a show you liked better. It is really the network that killed earl not Parks.

I'm sorry but anyone that didnt like Seinfield is smoking crack ;) that was one of the best shows of all time.

Yes it was the corporate suits---that's what i said. I just think that taking it out on the show that happened to have the time slot next is a mistake.

NBC was the "The" network back in the 80s. Nowadays when I think of NBC I think of: Biggest Loser, Law & Order (seems like something they're hanging on to from 1990) and The Tonight Show. If it weren't for Leno they could go off the air and I wouldn't notice. Still...I'm hoping NBC does something with their programming lineup in the near future.

Awake is the only show I watch on NBC, I watched Chuck all the time, but some idiot cancelled that.

For the most part the networks could all go away and I would not miss them all that much.

Lets see my list of shows on the networks to watch

NBC - Awake
ABC - I did watch the River, but it got old fast
Fox - Touch seems promising
Breaking In, I loved this last season, so far this season is just not as good.
CBS - Both NCIS shows are pretty good
Still watch CSI, this season has been a little better than last.
Person of Interest is probably my favorite new show, with unforgettable being second (but I am hearing it wont be back next season)
and Undercover Boss is good to watch when nothing else is on, so I do have a timer set to record it.

So about 6 hours maybe 7 of decent shows on the Networks, not very promising if you ask me.

What's NBC?

Seriously, apparently not even my local NBC affiliate knows, they changed their designation "NBC15" to "Local15" some months ago.

I'll watch it strictly for the Olympics and that's about it.

I haven't watched "Community" for months, but today I pulled the 4/26 episode off PTAT and watched. It was a totally hilarious sendup of "Law & Order", where the students are trying to find out who killed their biology lab project (yams growing in a jar). You should check it out. I don't know if every show is this good, but this one was a hoot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts