Why LOGO got put into the HD Platium package

It's probably just a smart business decision. Some people really want that particular content and are willing to pay for it. By putting it in Platinum he can really cash in on that particular channel. Sort of like an adult Playboy channel, but not quite. FTV is also in the package and seems to almost be a soft-core channel for women and men as well.

In that whole pack, I really am only impressed with the MGM Channel, maybe some of the other stuff is good, I haven't had a chance to view it yet. I am on 3 month trial.

And a lot of non-race car drivers seem to like watching Speed. And I've never played in the NFL, yet I still enjoy watching the NFL channel from time to time. :)

The most hilarious thing I hear on these message boards is that there isn't enough sports on Dish, that they have to go to Direct TV to get their fill!

How much is enough?

I sure wish I could opt out of all those expensive sports stations and get the movie and cultural channels instead.

i hope when everyone uses the term "they" that it is realized that viacom+dishnetwork=they. viacom is just as responsible for the logo channel being put in the platinum package as dishnetwork. they came to an agreement on contractual terms for it to happen. viacom is wanting to charge more per subscriber of the LOGO channel, or perhaps dish didnt want to pay X amount per subscriber. as a result, the both found middle ground on terms that are agreed upon. so remember, the makers of the LOGO channel are wanting to charge the viewers more which is the result of the placement. no difrerent then how the other owners of channels in the plat package ended up there. Mark wants more for his hdnet movies, hence it is in plat while hdnet is not.

The "Gay News" program is co-produced by CBS News and it's NO different than what you read on your local newspapers and TV broadcasts.

You call that unsuitable for your children??

Reading the guide is not the same as watching the actual programs to know what exactly they are!

Yeah, I call listings like "The Gay News" unsuitable for my children!

Does LOGO have an SD on equivalent on DISH?

Seems that DISH is adding any new HD capable channels and skipping the SD and adding them to the Platinum Tier. The channels that already have SD equivalents, they will show their HD equivalents.

Now the key will be if you see any other new channels added to the standard HD tier.

I have the original HD package -- I have no idea what it is called -- I think that I pay like $20 for it. I have been waiting for FXHD for awhile as there are quite a few shows and movies that I like on that channel. I noticed that this was one of two HD channels that did not light up for me. I figure that I am paying $100 right now and that if I go to the Platinum Turbo pack and just order HD then I will only pay about $80. I am trying to determine if that is what I want? I think that Dish should include all new HD in all the packs. If they want to add to the Platinum then they need to give it more value. In addition -- they should stop all these individual add-ons -- $10 for the Platinum when it should be included in the Gold Pack. $5 for your locals, dual charges for a DVR when we all know that the majority of us only use that DVR on one tv only. This nickle and dimeing is looking very cheap.

The bottom line is that the majority of these channels will go digital and HD in the very near future. There will be no SD channels anymore soon so why do we have to pay for both the SD and HD channel. Make everyone pay for the HD and drop the SD channel. It will save considerable bandwith and should be cheaper in the long run. It will be interesting to see what Dish does once they get all their receivers over to MPEG4.

These listings are completely inappropriate for children, at least my children.

"Gay News" is inappropriate for your kids? Well, to each their own I guess. I'd argue that MavTV is more offensive in terms of programming. Offensive in that it's just, well, crap.

I think a lot of the gripes are that there are so many niche channels and way too many packages. A company needs to come along and just REALLY simplify the packages being offered. It worked for Apple wonderfully.

Sad? Why sad? Why is it that people who have beliefs different than you considered having heads stuck in the sand? :mad:

It's sad that people believe that being gay is somehow bad.

Yep, it's a belief. You have a right to it. And the rest of us have a right to see it as being sad.

Given that there's what, 10 stations devoted to telemarketing religion on Dish, I think we can live with one gay-interest channel that has a news show. ;o)

It's sad that people believe that being gay is somehow bad.

Yep, it's a belief. You have a right to it. And the rest of us have a right to see it as being sad.

Given that there's what, 10 stations devoted to telemarketing religion on Dish, I think we can live with one gay-interest channel that has a news show. ;o)

No problem with the channel ... just not in standard packages ............. now that wouldn't be sad!

Seems that DISH is adding any new HD capable channels and skipping the SD and adding them to the Platinum Tier. The channels that already have SD equivalents, they will show their HD equivalents.

Finally someone gets it. Only they aren't even adding HD "capable" channels...just taking SD channels and upconverting them. There is no BET-J HD, and no one had ever even rumored a Logo HD until a week ago.

My take...profit margins on the Classic Gold package were getting slim. Meanwhile, the Platinum profit margins were HUGE, but everybody's been dropping it because there was nothing in it. Viacom were probably pushing them to add Logo and BET-J. DISH put them in the HD package, despite the fact that they aren't in HD, hoping they could save their Classic package profit margins and drive up Platinum subscribers. I'm really surprised we didn't get any other imaginary HD channels, like CMT Pure Country HD or MTV-U HD. (Actually, I'd really like to get MTV-U, upconverted or not.)

No problem with the channel ... just not in standard packages ............. now that wouldn't be sad!

I guess DTV and Comcast are pretty sad then. They have LOGO in the Choice+ (200+ package for DTV) and in the Comcast Digital Classic package.
What's sad is that have offered LOGO in one of their "standard packages" for 2+ years now and Dish is just getting around to carrying it...in an HD only package when it isn't even an HD channel.

I guess DTV and Comcast are pretty sad then. They have LOGO in the Choice+ (200+ package for DTV) and in the Comcast Digital Classic package.
What's sad is that have offered LOGO in one of their "standard packages" for 2+ years now and Dish is just getting around to carrying it...in an HD only package when it isn't even an HD channel.

And I don't agree with their (Direct and Comcast) choice to put it in the packages. It is an alternative channel designed for the gay and lesbian audience. Keep the channel ... but make it an add on to any package for a fee. I applaud Dish for not putting this channel in the top packages. :clap:clap:clap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)