Why no AMC HD? (Now Live Sept 9th)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hold on, did I miss something? AMC is now in HD?

ETA: Just added it to my guide. I never had the SD channel in the guide and never watched it so I never knew it went HD. Now that it is in HD I will see if it is worth keeping in the guide. I probably will not watch it very much.

Last edited:
Any one having search issues? JW is on today, yet none of the titles show up in search. Samething when I searched Chrles Bronson.

S~

DodgerKing said:
Hold on, did I miss something? AMC is now in HD?

ETA: Just added it to my guide. I never had the SD channel in the guide and never watched it so I never knew it went HD. Now that it is in HD I will see if it is worth keeping in the guide. I probably will not watch it very much.

You may like some of the original programs, plus I think all is better in HD :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

bruin95,

Complaints from DirecTV subscribers regarding lack of HD has to do with the non-premiums that competitors like Dish Network (and major and minor cable operators) have in their lineup. AMC HD. BBC America HD. Cooking Channel HD. DIY Network HD. E! Entertainment Television HD. Fuse HD. gmc HD. GSN HD. (DirecTV owns more than half of what is formerly called Game Show Network.) Headline News HD. History International HD. HSN HD. The Hub HD. IFC HD. Investigation Discovery HD. LMN HD. Nat Geo Wild HD. Oprah Winfrey Network HD. Outdoor Channel HD. QVC HD. Sportsman Channel HD. Style Network HD. truTV HD. Turner Classic Movies HD. TV One HD. We TV HD. (This is not a complete list.)

DirecTV put a lot of its focus in 2010 and 2011 on the multiscreens of premium movie channels: HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Showtime. Nearly 100% complete with the east and west feeds of the primary HBO, Cinemax, Starz (which include Encore), and Showtime (which include The Movie Channel), and the "completion" is with carrying the east-coast feeds of their offsprings (HBO Comedy, ActionMax, Starz Kids & Family, Showtime Women, etc.). This was one area of focus, and so too have been the regional sports that are Fox Sports Net, Comcast Sports Net, and Root Sports Net. DirecTV also beefed up its screens for pay per view; that, along with the locals, ate into the bandwidth that DirecTV had after launching D12 back in late-2009. (Next up: D14, but not until 2013.)

Last year, these non-premiums were added by DirecTV in HD: Hallmark Channel HD, Lifetime HD, MSNBC HD, Univision HD, and WGN America HD. (If I'm forgetting any, I apologize.) On another level, requiring an additional $5 suscription, the following were added: Hallmark Movie Channel HD and Sony Movie Channel HD. (In 2011, DirecTV added Shorts HD.)

DirecTV subscribers upset with no AMC HD, Turner Classic Movies HD, and so on, want the satcaster to catch up. (Or at least catch up to the good 15 or 20 or 25 by which DirecTV has fallen behind compared to Dish Network and major and minor cable operators. Many of them I listed earlier are routine.)

EXACTLY!!

LOL "far behind" "catch up" many of those channels are laughable or may get watched less than a few minutes to maybe an hour each day by most users.

You may like some of the original programs, plus I think all is better in HD :)

I haven't heard of those programs, but I may give them a try. Looking through the guide I am not impressed so far. Most of the movies are ones I have seen countless times already.

Q. Have you watched anything on AMC since it went HD ?

Everyone's complaining about wanting this channel and that channel, but when it gets here, it's not watched, very little at most ....

The way I look at it, if you don't WATCH the channel before it goes HD, theres probably not much on it that your really interested in.
I suspect many will tune in while the HD is new to it and then fade away after that ....

Is a channel that has only 2 programs that many like, worth going HD if those two shows are the only time people watch that channel ?

I've never said anything about wanting it in HD. Every channel I watch is already in HD.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I al guessing the folks who wanted in HD were a passionist group?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)