Why no ESPN...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Why is there no option to subscribe to ESPN on C-Band?

Are my only options DirectTV/Dish Network/Cable?

Ever since Monday Night Football went to ESPN I've been in the dark.:mad:

I'm not an NFL kind of guy, but I watch plenty of ESPN feeds for other sporting events, like College Football. The A**'s @ ABC/Disney are behind ESPN not allowing Videocypher2 modules from getting the ESPN and ESPN2 channels. Maybe you should ask them why they don't want your money?
I think they claim the VC2 system is too unstable (or whatever), but the channels are there and Cable Headends are allowed access, only they won't let us backyard users have access....?

Edit: oh yeah, they also say something about the system not being able to Black-Out markets, they deem neceesary.... Lame reasoning in my book..!!!!

ESPN is owned by ABC/Disney they won't sell us it or ABC Family or Disney IMO because there is a dirty deal going on with the LSD and cable. They always hated C band and now there trying to kill it.

Well I tried to help, but since I'm not into sports it looks like I'm going to have to research what different between the two are.

screw them! If it is not on c-band, I am not buying! If c-band subsription ever goes down and out.....It will be FTA and over the air digital for me.

I heard that ESPN and ESPN2 were taken off C Band because Major League Baseball didn't like their blackout methods. They are still uplinked on G14(5), TPs 9 and 14 for cable companies, but are blacked out for C Band satellite systems. From what I have heard, if you have the "right" equipment you can still get it.

Why is there no option to subscribe to ESPN on C-Band?

Are my only options DirectTV/Dish Network/Cable?

Ever since Monday Night Football went to ESPN I've been in the dark.:mad:

TRG, not sure about Monday Night Football but if you check 99.0W on C Band they were carrying some NFL Football games on Sundays last year, and I think I remember that they were even advertising that they were broadcasting the Super Bowl game.

My son wants us to get Nick and since the analog channel went away it hasn't been available for C band either. I cannot understand the reasoning behind that. They have the Nicktoons and Nick GaS etc. only.

Probably someone makes it worthwhile to not put it up. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)