Why no H3 for me?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Great! I can't wait for tomorrow. I've been puttering around here getting things ready - clearing the blackberries outside, cleaning up wiring and junk inside. Did the node get replaced? I have a duo and heard somewhere that it requires single. Is it true that the new remote requires more than one button press to pause or stop a recording? Enjoy :bday

Didn't replace the node but that node was just installed last July when I upgraded from VIP722K to Hopper/sling and wireless Joey. At that time I only expected the Joey 4K would be coming next so the Hopper was in the master bedroom not in the family room with the 4K TV. Installer just had to swap two connections on the node to move the H3 to the family room.

Didn't replace the node but that node was just installed last July when I upgraded from VIP722K to Hopper/sling and wireless Joey. At that time I only expected the Joey 4K would be coming next so the Hopper was in the master bedroom not in the family room with the 4K TV. Installer just had to swap two connections on the node to move the H3 to the family room.
Umm, Hopper 3 doesn't work with a node, it needs a hub, similar device but different. The hub is a must with the Hybrid LNB and the Hopper 3 won't work with that....

Can someone explain what Dish means by low beam? I am on an area with very tall Fir trees incl on my acre lot with very little clearings, current side by side 2 dish install mounted high side of house aimed over some tall Fir trees. Just trying to understand when Dish flags an account as low beam is due to what part of Country they live in? Or can be very house-specific and flagged by installer when my 2 sat dishes were installed years ago?

Oh my! I really AM confused! All this talk about locations and geography has thrown me! You said you're near WD road! For some reason, my brain relocated you to BIG ROCK ROAD! LOL!! That's where I live. Big Rock not WD. Sheesh! Not sure it would make any difference but I'm a little "further out in the country". Hope you're enjoying your spanking new H3. ;) Meanwhile, I need to go look for my compass!
My turn is finally here! I'm unpacking everything while my installer makes a quick run for a WAP (couldn't find any in truck).... and of course I'm his very first H3 install :)

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
my bad - it was actually called a "solo hub" OOPS!
Now I know where my confusion originated - I had found online a picture of Dish's "Solo Node" (they actually have such a thing) but we are using the "Solo Hub" for sure. I learn so much here :) 81t36HVIFjL._SL1500_.jpg

I also had to just schedule a bogus tech visit eventually. There was nothing that anyone, apparently even DIRT, could do to fix the info in their system that I still had a dual dish setup. Hopefully once the tech is here he'll be able to just get the Hopper 3 installed as others have seen. Then I'll just have to figure out if I can get the tech visit fee waived. :)

Aaron

It is important, very important, not to mix the terminology up on these. People might think they have what is needed and it is the wrong product. Nodes work with H1 and H2, Hubs work with H3.

absolutely - listen up everyone (especially those who are still "shopping" for the Hopper 3) - you will need a solo hub and NOT a node!

There is a lot of confusion on low beam zip codes. I'm going to attempt to explain it.

129° Low Beam ZIP Codes refers to certain ZIP codes for which HD or SD Eligible Local Networks broadcast from the 129° orbital location have low signal strength and require the installation of 2 DISH 500 antennas for proper reception.

Part of the problem is, there are many Alaska (probably all) zip codes that are considered low beam in addition to the many mainland dma's. However there is 1 big difference in Alaska. They use a Dish 500AK for 119 and 129, it's a larger dish than a regular 500. It cannot use a twin lnb because of its larger size and requires an external switch. Depending on their package and location they may require a wing for 110. All customers in Alaska get a Dish 500AK, which begs the question. Why consider them a low beam to begin with?

orbital locations.JPG

At this time the Hopper 3 can only work with a dph lnb designed for the 1000.2 dish on either western or eastern arc. The dph lnb has 1 input, this puts a lot of configuration options for low beam customers, international and those with locals on 77.

Options are definitely there. The big question is, will dish allow it? Some are reporting yes and others no.

Reactions: charlesrshell
There is a lot of confusion on low beam zip codes. I'm going to attempt to explain it.

129° Low Beam ZIP Codes refers to certain ZIP codes for which HD or SD Eligible Local Networks broadcast from the 129° orbital location have low signal strength and require the installation of 2 DISH 500 antennas for proper reception.

Part of the problem is, there are many Alaska (probably all) zip codes that are considered low beam in addition to the many mainland dma's. However there is 1 big difference in Alaska. They use a Dish 500AK for 119 and 129, it's a larger dish than a regular 500. It cannot use a twin lnb because of its larger size and requires an external switch. Depending on their package and location they may require a wing for 110. All customers in Alaska get a Dish 500AK, which begs the question. Why consider them a low beam to begin with?

View attachment 113627

At this time the Hopper 3 can only work with a dph lnb designed for the 1000.2 dish on either western or eastern arc. The dph lnb has 1 input, this puts a lot of configuration options for low beam customers, international and those with locals on 77.

Options are definitely there. The big question is, will dish allow it? Some are reporting yes and others no.

But what about those that are flagged low beam, but only have one dish? I have a 1000.2 and they're not letting me upgrade.

It appears Dish isn't budging on these low beam zip codes even though it is possible. They go on to say not all addresses within these zip codes will be ineligible. Saying their system will determine availability for a specific address. They also say the hopper 3 will not be a solution if programming requires 77 or 118.

Looks like the dph42 is gonna be the only solution for these folks and the waiting has already begun.

low beam.JPG

Reactions: charlesrshell

View attachment 113627

Re: this statement
129° Low Beam ZIP Codes refers to certain ZIP codes for which HD or SD Eligible Local Networks broadcast from the 129° orbital location have low signal strength and require the installation of 2 DISH 500 antennas for proper reception.​
the chart you presented doesn't show the 500 dishes covering 129 (except for the one marked Alaska/Hawaii and I live in Washington state), are you guessing I have a 500 dish and a 500AK/HW dish?

It appears Dish isn't budging on these low beam zip codes even though it is possible. They go on to say not all addresses within these zip codes will be ineligible. Saying their system will determine availability for a specific address. They also say the hopper 3 will not be a solution if programming requires 77 or 118.

Looks like the dph42 is gonna be the only solution for these folks and the waiting has already begun.

View attachment 113636

Is that chart supposed to be a complete list? WA state isn't even in the list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts