Why no MSG or YES in HD from DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am in the Scranton, PA area and I also have two YES and SNY channels. Thank God I had the new dish installed. I also have a channel 93 now. It is the UFC PPV, but when did that pop up? It is the same as ch 98.

I just noticed that they moved channel 96 and 97 are not available on my receiver but now 622 and 625 HD is now available. I'm in the NY market

Ed Andrascik

I see two channels for msg and yes in my guide now even though I am not even in the ny market. But none of the programming in the guide on these second channels has the hd logo.

Unfortunately I do not have the sports package, would be interesting to see if I got any programming on these channels (besides the games that are blacked out with the sports package).

I keep turning to these channels and they are sd. Is anything in HD coming on soon?

I don't know what they normally have in hd, last I heard neither had much worthy of having a fulltime hd channel compared to nesn besides games.

I keep turning to these channels and they are sd. Is anything in HD coming on soon?

Sorry - if your not in the NY DMA you won't get either YES or SNY (or NESN) in HD. They are only on local spotbeams right now, and part of HD lils package in their respective markets.

anybody have any idea when Yes and Sny will become active for connecticut as they are my locals rsn. i am getting the sd feed on two channels but no hd yet. i have a hard time understanding lil dma / spot beamed and not receiving the channels since i am in a nearby market. connecticut is getting the shaft being between ny/boston no rsn in hd yet. let hope they fix for start of baseball season/

anybody have any idea when Yes and Sny will become active for connecticut as they are my locals rsn. i am getting the sd feed on two channels but no hd yet. i have a hard time understanding lil dma / spot beamed and not receiving the channels since i am in a nearby market. connecticut is getting the shaft being between ny/boston no rsn in hd yet. let hope they fix for start of baseball season/

The common belief is that you won't be getting it anytime soon, unfortuately. Not at least until AFTER DIRECTV 10 is up and running. Anywhere from August to even October is possible.

Depending on where in CT you are, most of the cable companies have YES and NESN in hd. It might not be a good solution for you, though.

WHat happened to the rumor that MSG HD and FSNY HD were supposed to lite up in October. I know the Dolan's own Cablevision and the channels but the talk last year was theat this was worked out and the games were going to be in HD.

Guess it was proved to be a rumor.

Was it anything official you saw or just speculation around the boards?

I tried to talk that one down, citing the Dolan factor. I doubt we'll see them anytime soon, unless they're sold.

For those who have Directv HD and live in the NJ area (specifically in Hudson County, NJ):

Are MOST Yankee Games broadcasted in HD (and which channels, b/c I only get RSN Channel 95 right now)?

Also, will we have access to YES HD Full-Time?

For those who have Directv HD and live in the NJ area (specifically in Hudson County, NJ):

Are MOST Yankee Games broadcasted in HD (and which channels, b/c I only get RSN Channel 95 right now)?

Also, will we have access to YES HD Full-Time?

I answered you, to the best of my knowledge, on avsforums.com

I saw a Directv commercial tonight with the cast of Entourage talking about watching the NBA in HD. Then "Turtle" says he's going to watch the Knicks in HD. Which is kind of funny since MSG, home of the Knicks, is not shown on Directv in HD.

Yeah, I saw that ad too. Seems like the ad execs would check on something like that before the ad actually rolls out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)