why would someone leave dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
After you get a taste of streaming you might find out that the grass isn't always greener.

I think its case-by-case. I've been here in Ohio configuring my parents' new TV options and so far its going well. They went from AT120+ with the HWS & one Joey to Fubo TV and the ESPN app. We've done picture quality comparisons on several channels and I have to say the PQ on Fubo is substantially better on several networks.

They are using FireTV sticks on both TV's.

I was nervous about doing this because my parents are used to Dish and the traditional TV experience, but they're learning it fast.

Of course, this is all possible only because they recently moved to a house with fast broadband.

I pleaded with Dish to take care of them, since they were 20 year customers, but they wouldn't continue the discounts. Their bill was going to go from $53/month to $78 per month.

They're now getting the exact same channels for $45/month.

I think its case-by-case. I've been here in Ohio configuring my parents' new TV options and so far its going well. They went from AT120+ with the HWS & one Joey to Fubo TV and the ESPN app. We've done picture quality comparisons on several channels and I have to say the PQ on Fubo is substantially better on several networks.

They are using FireTV sticks on both TV's.

I was nervous about doing this because my parents are used to Dish and the traditional TV experience, but they're learning it fast.

Of course, this is all possible only because they recently moved to a house with fast broadband.

I pleaded with Dish to take care of them, since they were 20 year customers, but they wouldn't continue the discounts. Their bill was going to go from $53/month to $78 per month.

They're now getting the exact same channels for $45/month.

So to save a little more than $1 a day they have to sacrifice all the extra features and convenience of having a Hopper system? No thanks, not for me even if I had fast internet. :)

I guess it's all relative but I get a kick out of people who go on about how high their $75 or $100 TV bill is every month and then they go out and drop $100 or $200 in a bar or restaurant in one night like it's nothing. Hell, I know people who spend more on Lottery tickets than that and still complain about their TV bills. :)

So to save a little more than $1 a day they have to sacrifice all the extra features and convenience of having a Hopper system? No thanks, not for me even if I had fast internet. :)

For them, it all comes down to the bottom line. We like toys and this is our hobby. My dad is a frugal miser and doesn't want to spend a lot of money on TV. They've had the HWS for three months and never recorded a single program on the DVR!

For them, it all comes down to the bottom line. We like toys and this is our hobby. My dad is a frugal miser and doesn't want to spend a lot of money on TV. They've had the HWS for three months and never recorded a single program on the DVR!

That's another thing, how on earth do people actually sit through all those commercials?!? :eeek

I guess it's all relative but I get a kick out of people who go on about how high their $75 or $100 TV bill is every month and then they go out and drop $100 or $200 in a bar or restaurant in one night like it's nothing. Hell, I know people who spend more on Lottery tickets than that and still complain about their TV bills. :)

What features and convenience are you referring to? Sounds like you don’t have fast internet so it’s not an option for you so you belittle others that do have the option.
Cord cutting is a much better option for me and I’m enjoying the features and convenience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: salyavin
That's another thing, how on earth do people actually sit through all those commercials?!? :eeek

Yeah, I've got a 2TB EHD hooked up to my Wally and it's 33% full; I breeze through commercials on programs and movies I've recorded and can't imagine having to watch them. Guess the parents just don't mind :)

Fubo does have cloud DVR, but I haven't played around with that yet.

Reactions: charlesrshell
What features and convenience are you referring to? Sounds like you don’t have fast internet so it’s not an option for you so you belittle others that do have the option.
Cord cutting is a much better option for me and I’m enjoying the features and convenience.

Some of the features I'm referring to are MultiView, AutoHop, being able to watch TV if the internet and power are out, being able to feed multiple TV's with one Hopper and many more.

Yeah, I've got a 2TB EHD hooked up to my Wally and it's 33% full; I breeze through commercials on programs and movies I've recorded and can't imagine having to watch them. Guess the parents just don't mind :)

Fubo does have cloud DVR, but I haven't played around with that yet.

Some of the commercial breaks are 4 or 5 minutes or longer of solid commercials. I would definitely fall asleep if I had to watch all that. ;)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Some of the features I'm referring to are MultiView, AutoHop, being able to watch TV if the internet and power are out, being able to feed multiple TV's with one Hopper and many more.[/
MultiView - meh, auto hop - network only, next day only, streaming is all served by the big hopper in the sky no rented Joey required, no power/no problem - phone or tablet and cellular viewable.

MultiView is very important around here as is feeding multiple TV's and access when the power and internet is down. We usually don't watch shows right away so Auto-Hop is almost always available and is very nice. There are a lot more features that the Hopper system has and streaming doesn't but I don't have the time to list them all.

If you like your streaming then good for you. I would consider it punishment. :)

I run into that a lot, especially with older folks.

I used to have a DVR at my grandmas house. She never used it, but I would record all my shows on it so I could watch something when I visited.

She would call me whenever the little red record light would come on.

I had it set to record her programs, and I remember her writing down each step in a book to figure out how to watch it. I doubt she ever used the DVR when I wasn’t there.

But you will be surprised how many people don’t use the DVR, ever ordered a PPV or used the guide.

I have customers who have a paper channel list and either do channel up or down, or punch in the channel. Then you’ll be surprised to know these same people will watch 2-3 channels regularly and at the most switch between 12 channels.

J Sheridan is not belittling anyone. Just making observations and voicing his preferences. Enjoy your new arrangement. No more need be said.

YouTube tv worked fine the year I had it for the most part. It still has some downgraded picture at times and some issues. The other providers on streaming had issues daily and my internet is 100mb fast. For a bit a month more I like the features, convienience, of dish and work in entertainment sales and recommend to others they get satellite as well. I can cut 30 or 40 dollars a month elsewhere. I understand why someone would look at streaming though.

Well they forced me to cancel my service with them.

I bet they where sorry to see me go. Everything pack, and (6) 722’s paying over $200/mo with no discounts.

Got the same package on Directv with 11 DVR’s and am paying $100 as an employee account

Well they forced me to cancel my service with them.

I bet they where sorry to see me go. Everything pack, and (6) 722’s paying over $200/mo with no discounts.

Got the same package on Directv with 11 DVR’s and am paying $100 as an employee account
Why oh why does anyone need 11 dvrs when the hopper 3 has so many tuners

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: salyavin and HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts