Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

You have been so wrong in just about every post concerning ST moving to streaming, why are you adding to it, no one knows yet what they will charge, but those who run Google are not unintelligent, they know what the breaking point as far as pricing goes.

Another thing you post and have no idea what you are writing about, net income for Google in 2021 was $76 Billion dollars.

In the last quarter reported of 2022, it was $13.9 Billion, now waiting on the last quarter of 2022 results.

The one thing you must of forgotten, you can keep your current Live TV Provider, with or without your RSN and still get NFLST, you are not forced to get YTTV, unlike before when you were forced to get DirecTV at a average cost of roughly $2000 over 2 years.

And you can get it even without a Live TV Service, roughly 60 Million out of 129 Million Households.

And since ST is primarily for those who want to watch the out of their area‘s Team(s), is not having the local RSN that big of a deal.

And again, I am glad YTTV does not carry it, hate to pay for something I would never watch.

I just checked out DirecTV’s website, for my area, it is a extra $13.99 a month and you would be forced to pay it, if you watch it or not.
??????

Who lot of confusion in this post.

what confusion, name one untrue thing in my post.
And again, I am glad YTTV does not carry it, hate to pay for something I would never watch.

Unless I missed something here, were discussing the ST and YT ...

What did I not read or what are you saying here, that YTTV does not carry ?

You tube just signed huge money for STY, of course it will carry it.

Unless I missed something here, were discussing the ST and YT ...

What did I not read or what are you saying here, that YTTV does not carry ?
That was in reference to what Sam wrote about the RSNs, here-If you don't have the RSNs
Then I responded which included-

YouTube needs 4.5M subs to break even on NFL Sunday Ticket – analyst

Analysts are saying pretty much the same thing I had concluded in recent months, which is that NFLST is most likely a money-loser for anybody paying what the NFL was asking, including Google. I just don't think there are 4.5 million homes willing to pay $300 or more to watch out-of-market NFL games, especially given the availability of the much cheaper RedZone product.

John Ourand: Only Winners in YouTube TV-Sunday Ticket Deal Are NFL, Companies Who Didn’t Get Rights

The link to the podcast is in the story, a good listen to those who like to follow the business of sports media. A quick summary:

Sunday Ticket winners:
NFL
DirecTV
Disney
Amazon
Apple

He also goes into the problems with the package and why it is so mush worse compared to other out of market packages, and that all the teams with large followings already have the majority of games on national or local broadcasts, and it really is just for displaced fans of less popular teams like the Jags or Lions, which there isn't a lot of. He uses the example as a Cowboy fan living in Washington DC he could see all but around 2 games this year, so not worth $300 just for those, especially when you can use the RedZone as a low cost alternative on those days.

John Ourand: Only Winners in YouTube TV-Sunday Ticket Deal Are NFL, Companies Who Didn’t Get Rights

The link to the podcast is in the story, a good listen to those who like to follow the business of sports media. A quick summary:

Sunday Ticket winners:
NFL
DirecTV
Disney
Amazon
Apple

He also goes into the problems with the package and why it is so mush worse compared to other out of market packages, and that all the teams with large followings already have the majority of games on national or local broadcasts, and it really is just for displaced fans of less popular teams like the Jags or Lions, which there isn't a lot of. He uses the example as a Cowboy fan living in Washington DC he could see all but around 2 games this year, so not worth $300 just for those, especially when you can use the RedZone as a low cost alternative on those days.
Yes and No ...
The Red Zone doesn't show you Your Game, just highlights of games .....
Yes, a Cowboy fan games are on everywhere (for some unknown reason, they haven't won the SB in 25 years).

As for the Lions or Jags,, sure its ideal, but its also worth money to all the other teams that don't get the Patriots way of life ... I think they were on for 20 years at the 4 pm time slot, while residing in the East time zone.

Not all teams out side of the Jags and Lions get shown weekly.

Until a few years ago, the Bengals were not shown regularly.
The Steelers, whom I follow, I would see maybe 3-4 games a year without the ST ... there are plenty of others as well.

My Dad and I have been able to see the Steelers for the last 20+ years, thanks to the ST.

Does that mean I LIKE to pay $300 + to do that ? NO.
Red Zone doesn't do it for those that want to see Thier game.

For Fantasy players, sure, have fun with the RZ.

ST should Never cost $300 or more.
It cost that because (as I mentioned a few years back) D* set the price and showed everyone what the customer would pay.

They are forgetting that a good percentage of them got it discounted or Free.

It will be interesting to see what happens with pricing, I have a feeling it may start around $250 to get people started with a price cheaper than previous years and then climb each year from there.

At what point do they price themselves out of the avg sub, everytime they add another game day during the week they diminish the product.

At what point do they price themselves out of the avg sub, everytime they add another game day during the week they diminish the product.
Yes and no, remember we get 18 weeks for ST now vs when DirecTV signed their last deal with the NFL.

You have been so wrong in just about every post concerning ST moving to streaming, why are you adding to it, no one knows yet what they will charge, but those who run Google are not unintelligent, they know what the breaking point as far as pricing goes.
Haven't been wrong yet. I do remember this one guy who thought 8 times the number of people watch the "free" games as actually do.

What was his name again?
Another thing you post and have no idea what you are writing about, net income for Google in 2021 was $76 Billion dollars.
So its a charity. Good to know. Maybe they could buy my local bowling alley and let me play for 10 cents a frame?

You are very good at spending other people's money.
The one thing you must of forgotten, you can keep your current Live TV Provider, with or without your RSN and still get NFLST, you are not forced to get YTTV, unlike before when you were forced to get DirecTV at a average cost of roughly $2000 over 2 years.

And you can get it even without a Live TV Service, roughly 60 Million out of 129 Million Households.

And since ST is primarily for those who want to watch the out of their area‘s Team(s), is not having the local RSN that big of a deal.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

The tout said "we are for sports fans".

I simply pointed out that simply isn't true.

But, after a year or more of touting how you watch only streamers, it is nice you have become a fan of LINEAR TV once again. Of course, had ST ended up on the Hallmark channel, you would tout that.
And again, I am glad YTTV does not carry it, hate to pay for something I would never watch
But, but, but, linear TV is dying.

I remember some guy that said that, over and over.

He also didn't know how Nielsen counts football ratings, until I explained it to him.

We won't see the NFL in VR until the technology to do it live in real time happens. It would require all new equipment and a separate production. The networks are not taking that on for every game.

3D is dead. It was a gimmick to sell TVs and it failed.

As for 4K. Im sure they are all producing the games with the ability to broadcast 4K. Who can see it though.

Haven't been wrong yet. I do remember this one guy who thought 8 times the number of people watch the "free" games as actually do.

What was his name again?
Never said how many watch, I posted the link to how many fans the NFL have-

There are approximately 184 million NFL fans today.

So its a charity. Good to know. Maybe they could buy my local bowling alley and let me play for 10 cents a frame?

You are very good at spending other people's money.
You posted they could not handle the loss, I proved you incorrect, seems like you were quite happy with how much DirecTV was losing with it as long as you could keep receiving it.
But, after a year or more of touting how you watch only streamers, it is nice you have become a fan of LINEAR TV once again. Of course, had ST ended up on the Hallmark channel, you would tout that.
Not a fan, but as long as I get it for free ( Gift Cards with my CC points) I do not have much issue with it.

But if I would have to pay real money for it, I would not have it.

The other benefit to me, I basically will get ST for free using those same Gift Cards, so good for me.
But, but, but, linear TV is dying.
It is with over 32 Million Households gone and the number of losses increases every quarter.

These next 2 years are going to be the make it or break it time for Traditional Live TV Providers , with more and more sports also airing on streaming services ( for example, both NFL games on ESPN yesterday were on plus also), I believe it is too late to turn back.
I remember some guy that said that, over and over.
And I will say it again, give it about 5-7 years before the total switch over to streaming.

And I believe Live TV will still exists, it will just be different in how we receive it.

You posted they could not handle the loss, I proved you incorrect, seems like you were quite happy with how much DirecTV was losing with it as long as you could keep receiving it.

Not a fan, but as long as I get it for free ( Gift Cards with my CC points) I do not have much issue with it.

But if I would have to pay real money for it, I would not have it.

The other benefit to me, I basically will get ST for free using those same Gift Cards, so good for me.

It is with over 32 Million Households gone and the number of losses increases every quarter.

These next 2 years are going to be the make it or break it time for Traditional Live TV Providers , with more and more sports also airing on streaming services ( for example, both NFL games on ESPN yesterday were on plus also), I believe it is too late to turn back.

And I will say it again, give it about 5-7 years before the total switch over to streaming.

And I believe Live TV will still exists, it will just be different in how we receive it.
Its still the same channels that are on Traditional TV, I really don't see Traditional channels going away ...
If you want to watch those Traditional channels by streaming them, good for you.
There are plenty out there that don't or can't ...

I want to know how to find gift cards for all my Streaming apps, but it seems its a PIPE dream for everyone but you.

Where do you get Gift Cards for You Tube TV ?
Not to mention the other 10 apps you quoted.

I want to know how to find gift cards for all my Streaming apps, but it seems its a PIPE dream for everyone but you.

Where do you get Gift Cards for You Tube TV ?
Google Play.( and can be used for other things, like the You Tube PrimeTime Channels-MLB, NFL, etc)
Not to mention the other 10 apps you quoted.
Netflix
Hulu ( which includes Disney+ and ESPN+).
Paramount+( which includes Showtime)

HBO and Peacock have no cards but are on yearly deals

Yes, you did. We were having a discussion about the weekly NFL ratings. I pointed out that, despite your uninformed opinion, "only" 22 or so M people ACTUALLY watch the highest rated game each week. You having predicted that "tens of millions" of people (or put another way, more than watch the "free" games) would pay for ST, went off on a tirade about "well somebody watched the Cleveland game" because the list I linked, as all such lists do, listed the game most of the country received, but is a number for all of the games combined into one national number. I knew that, and everybody else in the thread knew that.

You didn't. Because you did not put in the work to understand how Nielsen works.

But you are predicting vast changes in a industry that you really don't understand.
But half of them don't watch the Super Bowl. Right. Again, basic knowledge is better than googling up stuff you don't understand until you find something you can misinterpret to support a failed argument.
No, I just understood, and understand, the business model. DirecTV used it to get customers in a world where there were 3 choices (it, Dish, and one and only one cable provider). Now that there are more choices for the linear TV that most people want, the model has shifted, but the idea that it "can be profitable" is held by exactly one person. Everybody else understands the business.

You seem to post a lot stuff about gift cards and green stamps and saving bacon grease in a jar. I do none of those things. Life is too short.

And we are back to this, uninformed, prediction. Is this going to be like Superman, who is always 29 years old and they retrocon his birthday and backstory every year, or are really saying that the BILLIONS that businesses paid just for OTA stations in the last decade was a waste of money? In seven years, or 2030, there will be no OTA TV, and no linear "cable" channels.

That is an insane prediction. See ya then. I'll be enjoying life, including linear TV.

No, I just understood, and understand, the business model. DirecTV used it to get customers in a world where there were 3 choices (it, Dish, and one and only one cable provider).
Again, there is no evidence that proves DirecTV having ST helped with sub numbers, all of the providers were gaining then, Comcast actually gained more then DirecTV ( 2 million more), does that mean not having ST increase their numbers, Dish Network also, went up to 14 million, also not having ST.
You seem to post a lot stuff about gift cards and green stamps and saving bacon grease in a jar. I do none of those things. Life is too short.
First off no bacon grease, I am Jewish.

Second, damn right I was careful with my money, by saving and investing allowed me to retire at 52, now I am well off and can do whatever I wish to do, House is paid for, cars are, put two kids thru college, so yes, I am extremely glad at how I handled money.

Again, there is no evidence that proves DirecTV having ST helped with sub numbers, all of the providers were gaining then, Comcast actually gained more then DirecTV ( 2 million more), does that mean not having ST increase their numbers, Dish Network also, went up to 14 million, also not having ST.

First off no bacon grease, I am Jewish.

Second, damn right I was careful with my money, by saving and investing allowed me to retire at 52, now I am well off and can do whatever I wish to do, House is paid for, cars are, put two kids thru college, so yes, I am extremely glad at how I handled money.
Directv had Sunday ticket since the 90s..that is evidence enough

Reactions: SamCdbs
Funny. You posted 50+ times Sunday Ticket wouldn't be offered as a standalone product.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
Yep.

And all we know right now is that it will be predicated, at at least $300 on YTTV. And it will be "sold" in some YT "marketplace" that I, and I suspect you, never heard of before. There has been no announcement of a price (I say at least $1000) nor how many other purchases in said marketplace will be necessary to access ST.