Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

“Sunday Ticket” will be available two ways: as an add-on package on YouTube TV and as a stand-alone a la carte option on YouTube Primetime Channels, which allows you to subscribe to individual streaming services and channels as well as watch movies.

In the latter option, consumers will be able to subscribe only to “Sunday Ticket” without having a YouTube TV subscription
I know this has been posted a few times now, but considering the discussion I figured it was worth posting again.

Reactions: meStevo and Yespage
And?

It still doesn't say what you want it to say.

Nor mention a price.

Now please resume holding your breath and stomping your feet until they sell you ESPN for $2. And go explain to everyone at your local TV station they are out of work soon.

And?

It still doesn't say what you want it to say.

Nor mention a price.

Now please resume holding your breath and stomping your feet until they sell you ESPN for $2. And go explain to everyone at your local TV station they are out of work soon.
And what? It says exactly the opposite of what you have stated will definetely happen.

I never claimed it would be sold at any price, just that the NFL has stated that Google will set it. I dont imagine they will set it to lose money, even though you seem to think I implied that in some way.

No need to hold my breath, nor have I ever asked or said that ESPN would be sold for $2, but keep posting responses that have nothing to do with what I actually posted.

Thatll show me.

Something.

Yep.

And all we know right now is that it will be predicated, at at least $300 on YTTV. And it will be "sold" in some YT "marketplace" that I, and I suspect you, never heard of before.
It appears to be a FireTV like venue, just without the equipment. You sign up with the YouTube eco-system and access the content from others from there.
There has been no announcement of a price (I say at least $1000) nor how many other purchases in said marketplace will be necessary to access ST.
There has been no indication that any other purchase would be necessary. Presumably an a la carte price will be higher than inside the YouTube service itself. It would be the first time one could access ST outside an ecosystem for a long time... like back to the KU days I think.

No need to hold my breath, nor have I ever asked or said that ESPN would be sold for $2, but keep posting responses that have nothing to do with what I actually posted.
No one has ever said that.

It appears to be a FireTV like venue, just without the equipment. You sign up with the YouTube eco-system and access the content from others from there.

There has been no indication that any other purchase would be necessary. Presumably an a la carte price will be higher than inside the YouTube service itself. It would be the first time one could access ST outside an ecosystem for a long time... like back to the KU days I think.

Yeah, what little we do know about availability is that it will be available as an addon for YouTubeTV subscribers, and a la carte, here - Movies and Shows

But he's still inventing things to make his argument for some reason, there's no need to invent anything, the storefront is live and right there. Just need to know pricing and features. Looking forward to how they innovate on the product over the next couple of years.

“On YouTube TV, we’re building the ability for subscribers to, for example, watch multiple screens at once, and on YouTube we’ll be adding new features specific to the Sunday Ticket experience, like comments, chats, polls, and so on,” said Google Chief Business Officer Philipp Schindler. “On the creator side, imagine all the creative ways they can create with exclusive NFL content, behind-the-scenes event access and so on. We’re really excited to see what they will do across long-form, short form, livestreams and more.”

We still don’t have details on what Google plans to charge for NFL Sunday Ticket.

Google will also offer NFL Sunday Ticket to YouTube viewers as a premium add-on without the need to get YouTube TV. This will open up NFL Sunday Ticket to everyone for the first time.

Some recap, some new information.

We think there are a lot of great opportunities to differentiate the user and creator experience with our unique capabilities,” Google Chief Business Officer Philipp Schindler told Wall Street analysts during parent company Alphabet’s fourth-quarter earnings call Thursday. “Every YouTube viewer who’s interested in the NFL can now have one-click access to the full offering of Sunday Ticket. This will be the first time that Sunday Ticket is available à la carte for fans.”

I get ST because I like football, not just to watch my team. I don't turn it off and go find something else to do when the Chiefs game is over, I'm watching the balance of the days action and enjoying watching the day unfold and what that portends for the following week and balance of the season. I may not be in the majority, but I am certain that's a lot of people including most of the people I know personally who watch football. None of them watch just their team. Perhaps that's a product of growing up in a market that didn't have a team until a couple years ago, but I get a lot out of enjoying almost any game between 2 NFL teams, they all have a chance to be amazing games.

Unrelated, some updates on features to expect in case they weren't posted.

- Mosaic mode / watching multiple games at once

[YouTubeTV has] been discussing the idea of letting viewers pick feeds for a multiscreen watch since last summer. But that “Mosaic Mode” concept hasn’t yet come to fruition. However, in an interview with Nilay Patel of The Verge last week, YouTube chief product officer Neal Mohan said this mode will be ready to go by the time they’re offering NFL Sunday Ticket next fall.​

- The standalone NFLST will share features with YouTubeTV

A lot of this conversation is about YouTube TV, but I’m very excited about being able to offer [Sunday Ticket] service in a la carte fashion on [YouTube] Primetime Channels. We’re going to invest in bringing all of those features that sports lovers appreciate on YouTube TV to the main YouTube app. If you sign up for Sunday Ticket through Primetime Channels, you’ll be able to benefit from features like key plays and game highlights, hiding spoilers, and those types of features that our sports fans have kind of come to expect and enjoy on the YouTube TV side.​

That's the meat of what's at the link, which is a recap of interviews with Verge and The Desk.
So, you'd pay $300+ per year to watch if you didn't have a team ?

I am a Steelers fan and they are the reason I get the ST ...
That said, I do watch Other games as well.

If I was not a Fan of a NFL Team, I would Not be paying for the ST.
It helps that I follow at least 2 teams Closely .... they both are not very good at this point, so seeing them on National TV is not an option most weeks.

Then again, I am in the market of 2 other teams that are not very good as well, so those two teams are on 90% of the Sundays.

So, you'd pay $300+ per year to watch if you didn't have a team ?

I am a Steelers fan and they are the reason I get the ST ...
That said, I do watch Other games as well.

If I was not a Fan of a NFL Team, I would Not be paying for the ST.
It helps that I follow at least 2 teams Closely .... they both are not very good at this point, so seeing them on National TV is not an option most weeks.

Then again, I am in the market of 2 other teams that are not very good as well, so those two teams are on 90% of the Sundays.

I would, sure. I'm also not the only person in the house who watches it. The cost to get it has just become thousands of dollars per year cheaper for me to get it, if it's only $300 it's a steal given how much we watch football in our house between just my wife and I.

Reactions: Jimbo
That must be from another blogger, since we all know it will not be available a la carte according to someone who knows all about Television here.
You still think more people will subscribe that watch the "free" games? How many. Maybe more people than actually exist?

You still think more people will subscribe that watch the "free" games? How many. Maybe more people than actually exist?
Never said that and there you go on the attack again, if you wish to debate, you can be more respectful of others.

Front page of YTTV-

NFL Sunday Ticket is coming soon to YouTube​

Coming this fall. Sign up for emails now to get updates and special offers for NFL Sunday Ticket.
YouTube TV members are eligible for NFL Sunday Ticket special offers in the spring.

Reactions: meStevo
Yeah... for those still doubting it will be a la carte or not...

1676234329999.png

Reactions: ncted and Mr Tony
The good news about this NFLST ad campaign with YTTV, I believe it makes it pretty unlikely that we will get a price increase this year.