Widevine plugin

rmme

Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
texas
Let me begin by saying that I do not use a sling adapter and only watch movies or shows on dish online. So here is my problem...I ahev been able to watch movies using my macbook pro until recently. A couple of days ago, I updated the Widevine plugin as recommended by dish online. Now when I try to watch a movie or show, it crashes my safari and gives me the following message:

"the application Safari quit unexpectedly. The problem may have been caused by the Widevine Media Transformer plugin"

I have talked to Dish network and they told me to delete the plugin and reinstall. I have done that several times and it doesn't work. I was so happy to have dish online since I recently dropped my subscription with Netflix. Is anybody else having the same issues?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem. I used my MacBook Pro, OSX 10.5.8, was able to play one show through firefox, but when I tried again the next day firefox just crashes. So I tried on Safari and got the same error message as you. Dish chat support keeps telling me to check with my ISP, but why? Since I could play programs on both mine and my friends MacBook Pros (his is OSX 10.6) ONCE (followed by continuous crashes), wouldn't that indicate it's not the ISP?

I was beginning to feel that it was something wrong with my computer!!! I have called, chatted and emailed Dish Network and at one point told me to call my internet provider! I feel like you, if it was working before the update and it is not working after the update, the problem is with the plugin and the Mac. I wonder of there is anyone here that works at Dish network that can give us a straight forward answer about this problem and if they will fix it. I was really enjoying this service and now I can't. :(

Hoping for a solution soon...

I have a Mac and we've been having the same issues with blockbuster on demand. The tech says its a known issue. I just downloaded a movie through iTunes and it's playing fine but I'd like to use blockbuster since I pay them monthly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)