Wii Netflix Streaming Disc Coming Tomorrow

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
I just got an email showing that my Wii Netflix Streaming Disc will be in tomorrow.

I've got a lot of homebrew apps for radio streaming and media playing on it, so I think I'll wait till the guys have it where you can put it on the box itself without all the updates and stuff. And I won't need the disc either.

I just got an email showing that my Wii Netflix Streaming Disc will be in tomorrow.

I've got a lot of homebrew apps for radio streaming and media playing on it, so I think I'll wait till the guys have it where you can put it on the box itself without all the updates and stuff. And I won't need the disc either.

Don't count on non-disc based Netflix streaming on the Wii/PS3 for awhile. Microsoft is rumored to have an exclusive on this.

Don't count on non-disc based Netflix streaming on the Wii/PS3 for awhile. Microsoft is rumored to have an exclusive on this.

I've give it a couple of weeks before the homebrew guys have an installer to put it on the Wii itself. It shouldn't be too hard. I'm going to toy around and see if I can copy it to the SD card tonight and create a forwarder channel for it. It should work unless they have it hardcoded to go the disc, but then again I'm sure someone will figure out how to do it.

Got the disc in. Copied it to my usb drive on the wii. Checked it for updates. None included.

Works fine booting from the usb drive. Time to make a forwarder channel. Love homebrew. You can set things up like you want.

Pretty quick interface. Love the fast forward and rewind interface with the controller. Nice addition to the Wii. 2 Rokus, 1 Wii, 1 360 for Netflix streaming now.

Got my Wii disc also. Works pretty well. I like how you can point to the movie with the wiimote.

The only think lacking that I can see so far, is the search function that the PS3 netflix has.

note, there might be a search function, but I haven't found it yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)