Wildblue Pole Mount

Andrewwski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
I'm helping a friend who is getting WildBlue. I assume they charge extra for a pole mount, so if that's the case we can put a pole in ahead of time. What size pole should I be looking for?

Also...it's two cables from dish to modem, correct?

The pole needs to be 2" outer diameter. Its hard to find one at your local hardware store thats thick enough to meet wildblue specs. Try to get a hold of the installer and see if he can have a pole reducer on hand to sell you, and then you could use the 2 3/8 schedule 40 poles they sell at home depot / lowes.

Pole needs to be a minimum of 3 feet below ground ( with something to keep it from spinning in the future) and at least 5 feet above ground. Try to install it near the main electrical, making it easier to ground. Obviously you will also need a clear view of the southern sky.

Also...it's two cables from dish to modem, correct?

Yes. Two cables, and it is extremely important that they have a SOLID copper center conductor. It CANNOT be copper clad steel. The system will function very poorly with copper clad. If you go to all the trouble of trenching copper clad, it will be a waste. The tech will either refuse to use it, and run his own, or worse, he WILL use it. :eek:

OK, I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I'm too tired to think why that is right now, but once I take a look at the frequencies I'm sure I'll understand.

I'm thinking the pole has to go further than 3 feet since the frost line here is about 3 feet, give or take a little. Everything I put in always goes 4 feet.

OK, I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I'm too tired to think why that is right now, but once I take a look at the frequencies I'm sure I'll understand.

I'm thinking the pole has to go further than 3 feet since the frost line here is about 3 feet, give or take a little. Everything I put in always goes 4 feet.

The frequencies are about the same as satellite, but the issue is the amount of power sent to the Tria from the modem, and how sensitive the system is to attenuation.

Didnt check your location, youre right it depends on where youre at. Im in Phoenix, so no frost. Add that extra foot going down, and keep it at least 5 foot above ground.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)