Will 922 Ever Get Blockbuster At Home

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
With all the talk about the 922 being nearly obselete....does that mean they are done doing any updates on it. For instance...will it ever get support for Blockbuster At Home?

Doubtful. If it does get it , it will most likely be the last new feature they will ever add to it. I'm betting that by next year , there won't be many who still have the 922 ,unless they paid to own it.

Doubtful. If it does get it , it will most likely be the last new feature they will ever add to it. I'm betting that by next year , there won't be many who still have the 922 ,unless they paid to own it.

amen +1 :)

No Blockbuster app.

No the Blockbuster app will not be coming to the 922. My 922 died recently. I was told by dish that they had "abandoned" development
on the app.

It will have it. Soon. (As in Sling Extender soon)
Be happy they never released the Sling Extender. I have one and can tell you it they did everyone a favor by not releasing it. (And its demise was one of the reasons we have a Hopper and Joey now.) The Sling with Sling extender could not give a consistent quality experience that you get from a Hopper and Joey.

Gee Scott, I'll take that Sling Extender off your hands if you're done with it. ;) GigE throughout the house here.

With all the talk about the 922 being nearly obselete....does that mean they are done doing any updates on it. For instance...will it ever get support for Blockbuster At Home?

Well let's see my Channel Logos in my 922 have been updated twice since I bought my VIP922/wMT2,just lately.;)

Have you looked in the Dish Online area of your 922?.When you do you should see several older dated Free Movies,(I complained in another thread here and the next day noticed several additions,Thanks again DISH!:D).

The 922 is certainly no Hopper&Joey,so if you just gotta have it(BBMP) upgrade to DISH's new flagship.The Hopper.:)

My 922 has been replaced with a Hopper. I've been thoroughly annoyed with the way Dish has handled the whole BBMP/922 situation. After the Nov release window passed, they should have just been honest with customers and said that the dev team was focusing on the Hopper and it would probably be quite a long time before the 922 would get BBMP. When the Hopper was released with the BBMP already integrated, it was the last straw for me (especially since the 922/Hopper use essentially the same operating system) and I let Dish know it. They were actually good about taking care of my concerns and offered me a really great Dish-it-up offer to a single Hopper.

I think I have reasoned out why they have been so dodgy about this. I think it all has to do with monthly recurring fees. They simply get more monthly money in the long run from a Hopper/Joey(s) than they do from a 922. There were some technical issues that they could have / should have ironed out more quickly for the 922. But it was not in their financial interest to do so.

And I also say chatters78 has it absolutely right - they owe it to customers to be honest with their plans. They are far too "close to the chest" and non-communicative. It's not good business in the long-run.

Software update will be pushed in April to 922s finally for BBMP

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I'd love to upgrade my 922 to the Hooper without the Joeys, but I'm not giving up my room mates receivers. I want to watch what I want to watch without interfering with what my room mates watch. Dish is trying to bundle the Joey's to get more money out of us. I'm not buying it.

Goodbye 922, it just went in a box and back to the installers truck. The Hopper and Joeys are being installed currently.
I did take my OTA module that i paid for thouigh out of the 922 if anyone wants it :)

I thought I would connect with Dish on chat just to see what they had going on. I asked about the Blockbuster on the 922, first thing I was told was you can't get a 922 because of the Blockbuster issues. Well I already have one so that did not help. So thought I would ask if I was under contract. Next thing I know I am connected to retentions.

I just really have not decided if I want to spend 200 bucks to go to 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. I have kind of spent too much on Dish lately and the boss lady is starting to get annoyed about it.

I did not have too many issues with the 922, other than the Blockbuster not happening, but now in the last couple weeks my sling does not seem to want to work all the time, it is hit and miss. everything else in the house works fine on the internet, just sometimes I cannot connect to the sling. ticks me off

Last edited:
Goodbye 922, it just went in a box and back to the installers truck. The Hopper and Joeys are being installed currently.
I did take my OTA module that i paid for thouigh out of the 922 if anyone wants it :)

Hey,
I was wondering if you still have the OTA module?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts