Will August bring any new HD?

sundaddy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
I guess this is for Scott and anyone else with inside information. I thought we were to get QVC HD and a few others SOOOOOOOON!

QVC HD is no longer in testing...

Only channel up in testing now that I know about is Discovery Kids HD. No ord on if or when we will see that one.

I guess this is for Scott and anyone else with inside information. I thought we were to get QVC HD and a few others SOOOOOOOON!

I'd like to see more HD, but at this point I'd like some of the stuff they took down, back. Like ABCFamily HD. I need that before the new season of Greek starts.

And if ESPNU HD was a by-product of the ABC/Disney/ESPN agreement, I'd be fine with that too. ;)

I'd like to see more HD, but at this point I'd like some of the stuff they took down, back. Like ABCFamily HD. I need that before the new season of Greek starts.

And if ESPNU HD was a by-product of the ABC/Disney/ESPN agreement, I'd be fine with that too. ;)
Yes, I think at the present time there aren't that many HD channels out there that Dish could be carrying but isn't - except, of course, for the ones that Dish is in some sort of legal dispute or just don't have agreements to carry even their SD counterparts:
Rainbow Media Channels - AMC, IFC, Fuse, We and the NYC metro RSNs MSG and MSG+
Gol Tv HD - Dish doesn't carry the SD, either
ABC/Disney channels - ESPNU, ESPNews, ABCFamily, Disney, Disney XD
NYC Metro RSN Yes HD - Yes SD not carried, either
MLB HD

When you think, maybe the HD channels that Dish could be carrying that Dish isn't carrying, and that Dish has some sort of agreement with their SD counterparts and is not in any sort of legal dispute, would be the Premium Movie Channels in HD missing; the Religious Channels in HD; the shopping channels in HD; FSC+ HD and Fuel HD.

I can only hope Dish will uplink the remaining HD Showtimes and TMC Extreme along with RFD-HD, QVC HD, HSN HD, NASA HD, Outdoor HD and a few more. Like Direct, they no longer lack satellite capacity just the will to pay more to programmers for the content.

I'm still holding out hope for Outdoor Channel HD.

I'm a little discouraged to hear that it's not being transmitted anymore. I wonder if they ran into a technical problem, or a contract problem.

-SF

As I said its no longer up there in testing...

For those of us that are still learning all the "ins & outs" of satellite terminology, I take it "no longer up there testing" means at this point Dish has decided not to proceed with these channels, thus ending any hope of us getting them for now? I'm I learning correctly?

Ghpr13:)

Which, I suppose, could mean almost anything. Maybe QVC didn't want to pay what Charlie asked for. Seems sometimes the shoe is on the other foot.

I had a nightmare last night--it was an old TV commercial from 2004 that said, "Don't feed the pig unless his name is Chuck!"

I would be happy if they dropped ESPN package and lowered my billl accordingly.

Agreed. I don't watch sports, so I'd be happy to not have those channels to save even five dollars a month.

oh well, we all know that's not gonna happen.
sadsadmax.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts