Will BHN match Fios speeds

so yea...*bumping* this thread...nobody knows anything if the bhn people will upper their speeds a lil more???....i know bhn can do more, and i know they will not go out of business if they did ;):rolleyes:

One thing to remember. If someone is digging in your yard, for whatever reason, you, the homeowner, needs to be involved in getting the cable marked and letting the person digging know where they are located. I usually stand out there with them and watch just to make sure. We have had a fence, electric underground lines, etc., installed during the last six months and so far have been lucky. No cuts.

Is BHN still tying their higher speeds to bundles of services?

I have the 10/1 Mb plan (tied to digital cable), and would gladly upgrade to a 15 Mb plan, but it is tied to having BHN phone services.

I realize I'm not a marketing/management person, but it seems silly when a customer wants to give you more money monthly for a service, and you say "No, you have to order this other unrelated service too."

Anyway, FiOS will keep BHN honest, but Verizon has to prove that they are as reliable as BHN in addition to just outperforming them on Mb or Mb/$.

I totally agree! I tried to get the higher speeds and was turned down every time. They insisted that I had to have their digital cable to get the 10/1 package. Why? I'm very happy with Directv and I get channels that BH does not offer. BH agreed to give me a free month of digital cable service to try it out and be able to get the 10/1 package. While I enjoyed the 10/1 speeds, I did not like the picture quality. It was horrible even after going thru several boxes and visits to check signal levels. So I stopped the cable service and lost my 10/1. I was told that at some point those speeds would be available without the need to get cable or phone. I'm sure FIOS has something to do with it. All I have to say to BH is don't bother to call me or offer me the higher speeds when I call them to cancel when FIOS is available in my area later this year.

I think BHN might have a HSD upgrade this year, seems like there's one almost every year.... no one knows for sure though.

I'm expecting a huge upgrade in 2009 because there wont anymore analog, which will free alot of bandwidth

I totally agree! I tried to get the higher speeds and was turned down every time. They insisted that I had to have their digital cable to get the 10/1 package. Why? I'm very happy with Directv and I get channels that BH does not offer. BH agreed to give me a free month of digital cable service to try it out and be able to get the 10/1 package. While I enjoyed the 10/1 speeds, I did not like the picture quality. It was horrible even after going thru several boxes and visits to check signal levels. So I stopped the cable service and lost my 10/1. I was told that at some point those speeds would be available without the need to get cable or phone. I'm sure FIOS has something to do with it. All I have to say to BH is don't bother to call me or offer me the higher speeds when I call them to cancel when FIOS is available in my area later this year.

You don't need to have their digital cable or digital phone if you get their virtual office package with a static IP. Yes, it is $105 a month but you get 15/2 for that Ultimate package with BHN. I have a business and a web server so it is a business write off, and I get a discount of about $20 for being a reseller (I pay around $85). The nice thing too is that I now have a separate bill, so it would be easier to scrap them for cable if I decided to go the route of FIOS whenever that makes it to St Petersburg (Pinellas) or DirecTV. But I am happy with BHN for cable TV so I wont be leaving them at this time. Still waiting for Cinemax HD and more Lightning games in HD would be nice but the Lightning thing is out of their control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)