Will HD become the new free "standard"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeofPA

Original poster
Nov 26, 2009
PA
I started seeing these Free HD for life promotions and was like wtf. I have choice extra, HD.. plus two standard rcvs. I'm still under the rebate, thank god.
When its over my bill will be like 100 bucks. It just doesnt really seem worth it what programming is available. Just curious if some of you think somewhere down the road, they will stop charging us $10 for HD?

Another quick question, I also have the monthly protection plan. I have a connection problem with one of the standard setups here. I havent really taken the time to troubleshoot it in detail, but im told it loses signal, even though the other two setups do not. I was wondering if running indoor coax was covered with protection plan, and if thats somthing that should have been done during installation?

I think some day all SD will be gone and all that will be offered is HD. If you still have a SD set the STB will also down convert. That day is probably going to happen sooner then we think since they could basically use the SD bandwidth for more HD and bandwidth is what they want.

I think some day all SD will be gone and all that will be offered is HD. If you still have a SD set the STB will also down convert. That day is probably going to happen sooner then we think since they could basically use the SD bandwidth for more HD and bandwidth is what they want.

Does this mean I'll finally have to get rid of my 9-inch black-and-white TV? :eek::cool:

I started seeing these Free HD for life promotions and was like wtf. I have choice extra, HD.. plus two standard rcvs. I'm still under the rebate, thank god.
When its over my bill will be like 100 bucks. It just doesnt really seem worth it what programming is available. Just curious if some of you think somewhere down the road, they will stop charging us $10 for HD?

Another quick question, I also have the monthly protection plan. I have a connection problem with one of the standard setups here. I havent really taken the time to troubleshoot it in detail, but im told it loses signal, even though the other two setups do not. I was wondering if running indoor coax was covered with protection plan, and if thats somthing that should have been done during installation?

it is going to be years to come ... but it will be all we have ....

& will come out with something newer & different

considering

Directv only offers free HD for their best package I would say no. They didn't last long for Free HD for life.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)