Will locals on 72.5 move with any of the new satellites?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

calypsocowboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
Headline says it alls. I've kind of held of getting my locals as they are on 72.5 and I really don't want a second dish. Does anyone know with all these other satellites and locations that DirecTV is gonna have are they going to pull the locals off 72.5 and stick them on one of the other satellites so I can get it with the new 5lnb dish?

Josh

Not for a long time. As soon as your HD locals are available on sat they will be available on the 5 LNB sat. Just get the 72.5 a second dish is no big deal.

Spin said:
Not for a long time. As soon as your HD locals are available on sat they will be available on the 5 LNB sat. Just get the 72.5 a second dish is no big deal.

DirecTV's use of the 72.5 orbital location is only temporary... and the locals will have to be moved, though odds are that they will be moved over to 101 once DirecTV 9s goes up.

While DirecTV 9s has a launch date of this year, expect it to go up early next year.

~Alan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)