Will reocurring timers be corrected with time change?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
well it was not during the time change

The timers don't change -- only the time of day changes. Absolutely no modification to the timers is required.

Historically, there have been some issues with programs that spanned the actual time change but I doubt that's a huge issue for most.

The only timer I had that was a problem was the one that was set for 5:30 AM. It started recording at 4:30 and didn't stop till 6:00. So I had to FF thru a paid program that the station had decided to fill the "extra" hr w/ a paid.

Even my remote access timers for weekly recordings on my 922 shifted. Looks like DISH got the time change thing down now.

They have had it "down" for years. You make it sound like this is the first time it has ever got it to work correctly...

I have to agree here. I have never, and I mean never, had an issue with this over many years....

In previous years, I've never had a problem....until tonight. Went in to watch Dexter and Boardwalk Empire......my VIP 622 recorded the shows that came on an hour after those. Great....thanks. :mad:

They have had it "down" for years. You make it sound like this is the first time it has ever got it to work correctly...

Well considering Remote access is only less than a year old , it is the first time that my timers over the internet worked correctly after a time change.

In previous years, I've never had a problem....until tonight. Went in to watch Dexter and Boardwalk Empire......my VIP 622 recorded the shows that came on an hour after those. Great....thanks. :mad:

Interesting, my Dexter and Boardwalk Empire recorded just fine on my 722. I record them at 6PM and then watch them at around 8PM.....

It wasnt for me...it was for my dad. Like I say he asked yesterday when I was there fixing something else and I said I didnt know since the last time I had a DVR with Dish it was years ago and a 508 ;)
Actually, I think he was suggesting that you should have (could have) searched !! :D :D :D

The timers don't change -- only the time of day changes. Absolutely no modification to the timers is required.
The other thing is, the timer's database is dynamic and always updating. You can see this by skipping an event and seeing an event that was previously going to be skipped due to conflict now scheduled to record since you created an opening.

It would be interesting how a timer set for 1am or 2am would react. I happened to be in the program guide at 2am/1am and it basically did a "shuffle". What was listed as being on at 2am (before the DST change) shuffled to the 1am slot after the change. Not sure how something like the 'start 1-minute early' option would be handled there...

The other thing is, the timer's database is dynamic and always updating. You can see this by skipping an event and seeing an event that was previously going to be skipped due to conflict now scheduled to record since you created an opening.

It would be interesting how a timer set for 1am or 2am would react. I happened to be in the program guide at 2am/1am and it basically did a "shuffle". What was listed as being on at 2am (before the DST change) shuffled to the 1am slot after the change. Not sure how something like the 'start 1-minute early' option would be handled there...

I can tell you what happened to me last year (or maybe the year before): I had a recording (VIP622) that started at 2am, was only supposed to be for 1 hour, and it was still recording 6 hours later when I woke up! Thank God it didn't suck my drive completely up, and start deleting other shows to make room. I'm pretty sure I've seen a few postings on here where that also has happened to people when a recording went wild, and didn't stop by itself.

Interesting, my Dexter and Boardwalk Empire recorded just fine on my 722. I record them at 6PM and then watch them at around 8PM.....

Recordings on my 722 recorded just fine....but when I went to watch Dexter and Boardwalk Empire on the 622, I instead had an hour each recording of Weeds and Bored to Death. :-(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts