Will The PC, XBOX One & PS4 Become DTV Ready?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CSM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Chesterfield, MO
I know that you can use the HDMI pass-through to do it now with the XBOX One. I think it would be cool if DTV would partner with Microsoft and Sony so that the PC, XBOX One and PS4 could be separate HD Receivers maybe even separate HD DVR's and not need the HDMI pass-through anymore on the XBOX One. I guess a way they could do is use the Deca Adapter and have the coax going in and the Ethernet cable going out of the Deca Adapter into the PC, XBOX One and PS4.

What advantage would that be to them though .... if theres no advantage to them why would they do this ?

They already have a number of stupid things on these boxes that really shouldn't be, seeing they have enough things that they should address before adding any more stuff.

What advantage would that be to them though .... if theres no advantage to them why would they do this ?

They already have a number of stupid things on these boxes that really shouldn't be, seeing they have enough things that they should address before adding any more stuff.
What about not having multiple boxes? That way you wouldn't have to switch video inputs. Also saving energy.

Dish tried this with virtual Joey and has already discontinued it, needless to say not much demand.
I didn't know that was discontinued. I wonder if something like that is a niche market? However Microsoft seems to want that with the XBOX One and wanting it to become the central entertainment set-top box in the family room. Why would they build a program guide into the software?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)