Will This Gap Between Trees Be Large Enough For LOS?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I agree, however the only one I find on my phone is the Pro, but now online I see this one, but it too is $ 20, but it's FOR the android.

Would you go with this one ?

Android app released | DishPointer.com
That depends on your need. If you are going to be using it a lot (ie you travel, RV, or install), then yes. If you are going to use it one time, probably not. Unless of course an installer will charge you more than $20 for something you can do yourself, and this app will help out

Maybe, if the only sats you need are the 99/101/103 but I doubt you're going to find an installer willing to do it simply because there is not enough of a buffer zone between the trees. Most installers aren't going to set themselves up for repeated service calls for intermittent signal problems because the wind blows the trees into the signal path.
If you look at the screen capture I posted, all three birds are very close to each other, so if they do lie between or above those trees, then he should not have a problem

That depends on your need. If you are going to be using it a lot (ie you travel, RV, or install), then yes. If you are going to use it one time, probably not. Unless of course an installer will charge you more than $20 for something you can do yourself, and this app will help out

I'm really getting it so I can help potential subs.
I often help subs that just got D or thinking about getting D while I'm working my job for the phone company.
This way I can look ahead of time to see if they may have a LOS issue or not before hand.

(Att and D work together for video when U Verse is not available).

I really don't use much more than a compass and the recvr meter when I set them up while camping.

If you look at the screen capture I posted, all three birds are very close to each other, so if they do lie between or above those trees, then he should not have a problem

Other than finding an installer willing to risk the charge backs and repeat service calls if he does have a problem. We were trained to have a 5 degree window on either side of the sat to ensure that there wouldn't be problems, and the picture the OP posted doesn't have that much of a window.

Also, when comparing it to your photo that you posted, remember that his is farther east than you and that changes his relative view of the sats. Not by much, but maybe enough to cause a problem.

Trees also grow. (Profound stament I know). I had a similar situation with gaps between trees. The installer tried my roof but there was not enough buffer. Fortunately my property extended beyond the trees and the dish got installed there. Had to dig about 100' of ditch but the installer offered to do it. I actually ended up digging most of the ditch myself while he made multiple trips between the dish and receiver trying to get the alignment correct. I think he said he had been doing this about a month.

BTW, just celebrated my 1 year anniversary with DTV so I am now paying full price. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)