Will TNT logo damage a plasma

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ti-maniac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
Will the bright white TNT logo in the bottom right of the screen on ch 521 cause a permanent burnin on a plasma?

Do you think TNT will replace the plasma (joke) due to this damage?

If your plasma is properly calibrated and you don't watch TNT-HD 24x7 you should be OK.

Why do stations do this with there logos? I have a 65 Mitz , I hate these logos because it might cause burn in and I know what channel I am on. Do they do it becasue someone might come over and say, hey thats a good program whos airing that and you dont have to tell them its right there in Bright white letters , that has to be why they do , lol

They do it so no one will pirate their programming. I am hoping that with all the commercials, there won't be burn in. They take up over 1/3 of each program anyway!!! Wish they would do a movement on them, like a screen saver, or an old orbiter(showing my age).

I can tell you as a TV editior that the logos do not prevent pirating. It is so easy to replace a logo! The main reason for using them has to do with station/network branding. The stations need their channel branded to be quickly identified to the channel surfer. This is particularly important during ratings week and anytime the station conducts private surveys on the viewers. It has been shown that stations are more accurately identified when using logos especially by cable viewers. Do I like them?, of course not but I understand why the station and networks use them. I believe that burnable fragile displays will go away long before we will see the demise of the logo bug. They are here to stay.

To me logo bugs are annoying more than anything else. Now if you convince a network to animate the logo or move it about, you will make it even more annoying. I will hate you forever if you are successful in convincing the network to do this. :)

Maybee if it could change sides every other time it comes up. Fox Sports did that with th corner scoreboard in football. After each commecial break, it was in the opposite corner. Thanks for filling me in on the bugs usage, it actually does make it easy to know where you are when surfing, if you do not have a program guide.

All static logos will eventually cause burn in. In severe cases, a small hole will open in the screen, and some of the plasma will leak out. Use duct tape over the hole, and be sure to get a qualified technician to perform a transfusion to replace the plasma that leaked out.

And if you believe any of the above (in this post), a lot of people feel sorry for you.

Ti-maniac, the first thing you'll want to do is what rudolpht suggests regarding calibration. Also, if you haven't seen it yet you may want to check out the Plasma display FAQ (link to AVS Forum) for help in that area and other setup tips.

Don, yep, it unfortunately looks like they are here to stay. At this point I just wish they'd take it down a notch or two and make them more translucent. I contacted Trio a while back when I still had Comcast as they have probably one of the worst bugs (big bright red circle, which after mpeg compression looks like it's kind of bleeding) but never got a response.

The on screen game score/clock on Fox and others during football games switches sides of the screen depending on the direction the team with the ball is going in. It is not done randomly or on a rotational basis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts