Will you cancel Dish because of the new receiver pricing?

Stay or Cancel

• Stay with Dish (accept the price increase)

Votes: 243 69.0%
  • Cancel Dish (reject the price increase)

Votes: 109 31.0%

• Total voters
Based on the information I found here, my bill will go from $145.98 to $187.98. An increase of $42 per month. I definitely have to look at some alternatives.

Before 2/1/2010:

DISH Network DVR Service Fee 0.00
America's Everything Pak With Locals 102.98
HD DuoDVR Receiver 7.00
Solo Receiver 5.00
HD Duo Receiver 7.00
HD DuoDVR Receiver 7.00
HD DuoDVR Receiver 7.00
HD & Platinum 10.00
$ 145.98

After 2/1/2010:

DISH Network DVR Service Fee 6.00
America's Everything Pak With Locals 99.98
HD DuoDVR Receiver 17.00
Solo Receiver 7.00
HD Duo Receiver 14.00
HD DuoDVR Receiver 17.00
HD DuoDVR Receiver 17.00
HD & Platinum 10.00
$ 187.98

If this were a scientific poll, then it would predict a subscribe loss of about 4 million subs for Dish Network in February .

At $500 customer acquisition cost per subscriber, that means that the gross loss is $2 billion .

In order for that to be made up by the increase, they would have to increase the bill of each remaining subscriber $200 over the 24 month minimum account lifetime, or $8 per month.

Since my bill is increasing $13 per month, that seems possible, oddly enough.

Did they make you agree to a 2 year contract? My bill is $70.98 a month right now, all I asked for was for them to swap out my 222 for a 211 and they refused to swap it unless I paid a $100 upgrade fee and agreed to a new 2 year contract which I passed on. If dish would have be willing to swap out my 222 to a 211 for free, I would I have been happy, would not be complaining either but not sure I am willing to agree to new 2 year contract with a company who acts this way anyways.

I have been with Dish for over 11 years so I'm sure that was part of it.
Yeah, she did say I would need to agree to a 2 year commitment. And that was before the offer of the $10 discount. I asked how long the offer was good for as I was going to go look at the cable companies DVRs. It was then that the $10 offer was made. That was enough as it got me down to less than a $10 increase and won't have to hassle with changing everything. (The loss of the UHF remotes would require a big change for me.)
When the discount runs out I will drop Starz to offset it.

The plus side is I get two more HD receivers. One will go on the bedroom TV which is HD. The other will just be ready when I upgrade another TV to HD. Although, really, I care more about the flat size of the new TVs than I do HD.

Based on the information I found here, my bill will go from $145.98 to $187.98. An increase of $42 per month. I definitely have to look at some alternatives.

Before 2/1/2010:

DISH Network DVR Service Fee 0.00
America's Everything Pak With Locals 102.98
HD DuoDVR Receiver 7.00
Solo Receiver 5.00
HD Duo Receiver 7.00
HD DuoDVR Receiver 7.00
HD DuoDVR Receiver 7.00
HD & Platinum 10.00
$ 145.98

After 2/1/2010:

DISH Network DVR Service Fee 6.00
America's Everything Pak With Locals 99.98
HD DuoDVR Receiver 17.00
Solo Receiver 7.00
HD Duo Receiver 14.00
HD DuoDVR Receiver 17.00
HD DuoDVR Receiver 17.00
HD & Platinum 10.00
$ 187.98

If you have 6 receivers, that is correct. But if you have 5 receivers, one is free both before and after.
Before: remove $7
After: remove $17 Total = $42/mo.

I am not sure. Never owned one. Wow, talk about disatisfaction! Make customers mad by increasing their fees, customers having to call in and FIGHT to get downgraded to a 612 while others have to pay a fee to downgrade to it. When they get it, it ends up being buggy and having issues with it. This is going to go down really bad for many and there will for sure be customers lost. On top of that audit team will piss off even more customers when they unhook their phone/ethernet connections.

See-ya Dish...

Now: 250 pack w/locals $62.99
DHPP 5.99
322 ($5)
The phone connection fees removed. Grand total: 73.98

After Feb 1:
250 pack w/ Locals $62.99 (at least That didn't go up)
DHPP $6
322 Free
322+ $14!
Grand Total: 82.99!

Will not pay that increase, I'm gone. Calling Cable company first thing Monday morning.

I'll be staying put. Not a fan of the increase, but they are still the lesser of the evils in my community. This does effectively end the chances of me keeping Cinemax once my penny deal gets turned off, though.

I tried to talk to a CSR about this and they say that they are still discussing price changes in another department and that they do not know anything about it yet. UMMM this is two weeks from now Dish and I can't find out any info? What the heck?

Im curious what my bill will be with AEP Platinum HD 2 612 DVR's 1 622 DVR and 1 722k DVR.

AEP means you will get $3 price drop on package but $6 DVR charge on first receiver for a total of a ($3) increase on the first receiver on your account (722). The second receiver, 622, would see a $17 fee netting a ($10) price increase from $7 to $17. The 612 would see a price increase from $7 to $10 for each one that you have ($3) + ($3). You would see a $19 price increase on your bill.

While I realize that they're not subsidizing hardware with programming fees anymore, this price increase is too great when all tolled. Depending on how they treat owned hardware, I may shift things around and/or turn off a receiver.

I tried to talk to a CSR about this and they say that they are still discussing price changes in another department and that they do not know anything about it yet. UMMM this is two weeks from now Dish and I can't find out any info? What the heck?

Thats why the first thing I told the first CSR was that I wanted to talk to the "department that cancels accounts". The retentions CSR knew about the fee changes and confirmed that my 522 receivers were going from $5 to $17.

E would of been better off with a smaller equiptement fee and raising packages a bit too.

5 to 17 bucks is absurd and will get customers attention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)