Will you cancel Dish because of the new receiver pricing?

Stay or Cancel

• Stay with Dish (accept the price increase)

Votes: 243 69.0%
  • Cancel Dish (reject the price increase)

Votes: 109 31.0%

• Total voters
Current bill is:
57.99 Classic Silver 200 w/DVR (using a leased Vip 622 as primary receiver)
5.99 Home Protection (DHPP)
5.00 Solo receiver (Vip 211 owned)
7.00 HD Duo receiver (Vip 222 owned)
10.00 HD & Platinum

If I'm reading this right my new bill will be:
58.99 Classic Silver 200 w/DVR (will use a leased Vip 622as primary receiver)
7.00 Solo receiver (Vip 211 owned)
12.00 HD Duo receiver (Vip 222 owned)
10.00 HD & Platinum

This looks like an increase of $8 a month. If I sell my Vip 222 (don't use the TV2 output) and go with a leased Vip 211k or Vip 612k (both are solo receivers) my increase will drop to $3. Does this sound right?

Current bill is:
10.00 HD & Platinum

10.00 HD & Platinum

This looks like an increase of $8 a month. If I sell my Vip 222 (don't use the TV2 output) and go with a leased Vip 211k or Vip 612k (both are solo receivers) my increase will drop to $3. Does this sound right?

I think the 222 may be $14, not $12.

Current bill is:
10.00 HD & Platinum

10.00 HD & Platinum

As Laddyboy corrected, new bill will be +10.00
612 and no 222 +$6.00
211 and no 222 +$3.00

I voted I will cancel DISH but the options for the poll are too simplistic. I have a budget I am comfortable with for TV related entertainment.

Right now, DISH gets 90% of that budget and Netflix gets a small percentage.

When this is all over, DISH will be getting less revenue from me than they are now. I will downgrade programing and send them back my 2nd 622.

I will complain and expect I will get some sort of credit out of them to further reduce my revenue stream . I will look at all of the other options coming down the pike for my entertainment dollars.

I will even look at Comcast triple play just to say I did it.

The only way to get a point across with a company is to vote with your wallet.

So if I keep my current hardware I'll see a $1 increase on the Classic 200 w/DVR, a $2 increase on the 211, and a $7 increase on the 222 for a total increase to my account of $10 like KAB stated.

So if I swap the 222 the for a 211 my increase will be $3 but if I swap the 222 for a 612 my increase would be $6 (still a savings of $4 but with more recording options). I might have to swap the 222 for a new 612 and gain some additional recording options.

I haven't read much about the 612 yet but does it have or are there plans for the ability to have two 612's that are connected to the home network allow for the sharing of recordings over the network like the Tivo HD DVR does? If it does or will, I might have to replace the 622 also.

By the way, here in the Phoenix, we have Cox and I currently have Cox phone and Internet. I checked with them and if I add cable to my bundle and get one of their HD DVR's and two of their single HD tuners, my monthly cable charge will be $89. They have all of the HD programming Dish has plus I'll get some of the sports (Big Ten HD) channels and HD channels that are in Dishes sports or gold package.

I'm estimating that if I stay with the 622, 211, and swap out the 222 for another 211, my monthly charge is going to be $89.

I guess the big difference would be with Cox I'd get a few channels I don't get from Dish plus true 'Video-on-Demand' versus a better DVR with Dish.

I guess I'm still not sure what I'll do.

Currently have two 722s and AEP. In the future I will have one 722, a 211 (possibly adding an external HD/enable DVR functionality), and will be replacing AEP with Classic Gold 250 and signing up for Netflix along with acquiring a Roku HD player. This will end an unbroken streak of 14 years in which I have always subscribed to the top tier of programming.

Well played, Dish...

Did someone ask about the Dish Network pig advertisements earlier? Have fun with them.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

dishnet01.jpg
dishnet02.jpg
dishnet03.jpg
dishnet04.jpg

Attachments

• dishnet01.jpg
    dishnet01.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 427
  • dishnet02.jpg
    dishnet02.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 431
  • dishnet03.jpg
    dishnet03.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 429
  • dishnet04.jpg
    dishnet04.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 416
What makes your thread, the 3rd on this very topic, the "Official" thread?

I started that thread so that people can figure out what their new cost on their bill is, because there were several new threads and posts where people would state what they have in programming and asking someone to figure out their new cost, so I figured it would be easier if everyone that wanted to figure out the new cost of their monthly bill would post in that thread and if I put official there that it would help keep those certain types of posts there. That is why I stated official, so that the posts would not be all spread out everywhere, which might help some.

I think there should of been a third choice on this poll: Downgrade programming and OR down grade receiver choices for additional receivers. This is the easier choice than stay or go with DISH. If you really want to get around the price increase on equipment fees you can replace an additional 622 or 722 receiver with a 211k and turn it into a dvr. IF that doesn't meet your goal , then trade it in for a 612 dvr and you bill only goes up $3.00. I think most people will re-evaluate their choice of receivers or programming to combat the changes. I would not pay more for fees in my opinion. I would either change receivers and Or down grade my programming.

I actually added Hbo & Starz to my account this week and I might add a second 211k next week since I already have the dvr software on my account. I also bought one on sale for $129.99 at an online retailer for DISH. I decided that for the last 6 months I have been missing new movies to record, and comedy specials like Robin Williams. I am tired of doing without extra entertainment. I cut some where in my budget to make up for the extra money . So I will have a 722k and two 211ks (with dvr software) and top 200 with HD , Hbo/starz . So my bill will be:

22.00 Hbo & Starz
52.99 top 200
10.00 Hd &Plat
06.00 dvr fee
14.00 2 additional receiver fees( 2 x 7.00=14.00)
--------------------------------------------------------
07.12 tax
--------------------------------------------------------
112.11 after tax

Actually, I have a 508 I rarely watch, so if I find the fee too much for it, I'll finish burning DVDs of what's left on it and sell it or give it away. But I'll wait until I see the actual fees in my bill, in black and white. Ok, in electrons onscreen.

And I'm under the 3 month free period for HBO. When that ends, and my son completes his chemo and moves out, I'll be dropping it. Dish will likely get a month or three of me paying for HBO, but my wife and I rarely watch it and will drop back to just our Gold HD package.

I just don't think I'll see much increase in my bill. And I can't get worked up over people with 6 receivers paying a larger share.

Right now, I have two 722K's. I only use the TV2 on one of them part of the time.
I was thinking about sending one back and getting a 612.
I have been very happy with the 722K I was wondering if it is worth an extra $7 per month to keep it vs. a 612?
Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Not happy about it, but I guess I am staying with Dish. I read where UVerse was coming to Pensacola, but seen no sign of them yet. And they do not look cheaper.

I also think there should be a third option in the poll, how many will downgrade service / receivers as a result of this increase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts