Wilt, VOOM & Installs Are Trying!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Vicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2004
Rocklin, CA--near Sacramento
Got installed with 2 STBs on 6/1, and the installation was not a particularly happy affair—the independent contractor for Installs, Inc. had a real attitude, did not leave the DVI cable for the 2nd box, didn’t run separate lines for the OTA, charged me $45 because he had to go into the attic (installations on inside walls), probably didn’t ground the antenna, broke some plants under my eaves, and left a pile of empty boxes on my driveway (without even telling me) which I didn’t discover until the next day! :mad:

The GOOD news is that I sent an email to Wilt on 6/5, and just got a call from John at Installs, Inc. Thank you, Wilt!!! :cool: :clap
The bottom line is that John at Installs said the independent contractor has been counseled (apparently his first complaint of this type) and John is sending another installer to check the installation. They still are not providing the DVI (he says VOOM needs to clarify that they are not left with analog installs), and he is crediting me back with the $45 dollars that was charged because of my dissatisfaction (but indicates that attics are like wall fishing, and considered "custom" installations, for which the installer can charge). He said Crave Electronics will be contacting me in 1-2 business days to schedule the call.

I'm hoping Crave can uncover that WOW factor I expected from VOOM--I'll keep you posted!

he is probably selling your cables on ebay right now. report him to voom and installs inc and all of the ridiculous things he said and did.

Vicki: please tell me that ur installer was not american wireless. I'm in davis and anticipating an installation by this installer. Ive spoken with him twice and he seems like a real inflexible jack ass, but I will reserve judgement till my install this saturday ;)

PM me if u feel uncomfortable naming names :p

You should be getting different type of video cables with each receiver. I got two packages of cables for my receivers. the package included: coposite cables, s-video cable, component cable, and DVI cable.

So make sure when you get installed that you receive these cables; otherwise, you will find them selling on Ebay, like other people reported.

I didn't get DVI, Svideo, or composite. I called voom and they shipped the DVI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)