Wind Loading 6' Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ccvalentino

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
maryland
Guys,

I'm preparing for the upcoming Hurricane that looks like it is going to hit the east coast. I have a 6' Fortecstar dish and was wondering if anyone had the wind loading handy? I'm one the eastern shore of Maryland and the forecast is somewhat up in the air. Im thinking about taking my dish off the pole and storing in my garage if we are really due hurricane force winds. I'd appreciate anyone with some high wind big dish experience in this type of situation.

Thanks,
Chris

lots of formulas to choose from, seems they have it all covered here.
WindLoads
Im thinking about taking my dish off the pole and storing in my garage
Not a bad idea, But do it before the wind arrives, Therefore, no need to calculate the wind load.<nor retrieve it from down the block, the trees, the - - - >Hope everything weathers the storm well.

We don't get hurricanes in Denver. However we do get high winds where I live. Of all my 15 dishes, the Fortec 6' has the most trouble weathering big storms and wobbles around to a degree that is scary. None of the other dishes ever needs realignment, but the Fortec requires regular tweaking during the windy seasons. In fact I'm planning to retire it and replace it soon with something more robust. If your forecast is for winds more than 50-60 mph, I would take it off the pole.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)