Windows 7 Interface Video

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
I took a 2 1/2 minute video showing the interface of Windows 7, especially for those that don't want to mess with the beta.

The video is good, the audio is a bit low due to background noise, but you can hear it if you turn it up.

Windows 9 has a much smaller memory footprint versus Vista, but is more than XP. The beta has been pretty stable so far from everyone I talked to, but Microsoft still has no release timeline.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ilycz0dCrk[/ame]

It may take a little while for youtube to process the video, but it is uploaded and should be available shortly.

I don't suppose you posted the video in high-definition? Youtube now supports high-definition uploads, so long as they are 2GB or less in size.

I had seen today one TV media report saying that Microsoft has announced that they are really aiming for the end of 2009 for release of Windows 7. That seems like a really ambitious target, but considering the problems with Vista, it makes sense.

From Wikipedia - Development of Windows 7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On 13 October 2008 Mike Nash, Microsoft's vice-president of Windows product management said:

“ The decision to use the name Windows 7 is about simplicity. Simply put, this is the seventh release of Windows, so therefore Windows 7 just makes sense.
Coming up with an all-new 'aspirational' name does not do justice to what we are trying to achieve, which is to stay firmly rooted in our aspirations for Windows Vista, while evolving and refining the substantial investments in platform technology in Windows Vista into the next generation of Windows.[9][10]”

Numbering this version of Windows as "7" has confused many users, so on 14 October 2008 Nash clarified his earlier remarks, saying:[11][12]

“ The very first release of Windows was Windows 1.0, the second was Windows 2.0, the third Windows 3.0. Here's where things get a little more complicated. Following Windows 3.0 was Windows NT which was code versioned as Windows 3.1. Then came Windows 95, which was code versioned as Windows 4.0. Then, Windows 98, 98 SE and Windows Millennium each shipped as 4.0.1998, 4.10.2222, and 4.90.3000, respectively. So we're counting all 9x versions as being 4.0. Windows 2000 code was 5.0 and then we shipped Windows XP as 5.1, even though it was a major release we didn't want to change code version numbers to maximize application compatibility. That brings us to Windows Vista, which is 6.0. So we see Windows 7 as our next logical significant release and 7th in the family of Windows releases...There's been some fodder about whether using 6.1 in the code is an indicator of the relevance of Windows 7. It is not. Windows 7 is a significant and evolutionary advancement of the client operating system. It is in every way a major effort in design, engineering and innovation. The only thing to read into the code versioning is that we are absolutely committed to making sure application compatibility is optimized for our customers.[12]

Windows 7 is a significant and evolutionary advancement of the client operating system. It is in every way a major effort in design, engineering and innovation. The only thing to read into the code versioning is that we are absolutely committed to making sure application compatibility is optimized for our customers.[12]

Seems I remember reading something similar to above before the release of every version of Windows:rolleyes:

Thanks meStevo, I feel better now, thought I might have just awoken and missed the previous 6 versions of Windows.:D

I'd like to try it but when I install it and it reboots for the final time I get a black screen with a green line on top. I'm thinking it has something to do with the video card.

I had the same problem and it seems to be a common one.

Reboot the computer, then when Windows 7 is selected in the boot screen, hit F8.

This brings up the safe mode menu. However, one of the other options will be "Boot in low resolution mode".

Then the installation will completely finish and you will be able to set your resolution appropriately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)