Windows 8.1 Code Name "Blue"

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
The preview release is out now and I've got it loaded on my PC. Looking much better than the original "8" did as there's a start button that makes it somewhat easier for me to navigate with. Still not completely happy with it but then again, I just installed it last night. Will wait and see how it works out over the next week or two before I make a decision to trash it or not.

Anyone else trying this latest version out?

Hey thanks for the tip on Classic Shell. I just downloaded it and I'll see if it will run on Win 8.1 tomorrow. Wife just ordered a new Dell laptop for her grandson and we may wind up putting it on that also as he doesn't have a smart phone and has been using Windows 7 for a couple of years now.

Downloaded the preview when it became available a month ago, I like the new search. Metro has never been a problem as I now just launch all my apps like a Mac... I hit start and just type what I want. Sometimes I tinker with organizing the metro UI a little but really I just never use it all that much. It's really not that big of a deal.

Only issue w/ 8.1 is video drivers and Marvel Heroes crashing a bit. More likely just a case of a poorly coded game.

Hey thanks for the tip on Classic Shell. I just downloaded it and I'll see if it will run on Win 8.1 tomorrow. Wife just ordered a new Dell laptop for her grandson and we may wind up putting it on that also as he doesn't have a smart phone and has been using Windows 7 for a couple of years now.

It will run on 8.1, there's an update on their site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts