Windows 8 OS,Tablet, New Win 8 PCs News Thread

Yeah PC not going anywhere and the upgrade price is not that bad as well for those who just want to upgrade.. We have way to many so called experts and few that know how things work in the real world.. If you like Win8 great upgrade or just wait until you upgrade you Laptop,PC,Slate or whatever you will have plenty of things to choose from..

Microsoft makes the right moves to tighten privacy policy.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Microsoft-makes-the-right-moves-to-tighten-privacy-policy_id35851

These concerns were raised by the Congressman after an article was published in the New York Times on October 19th which cited the new policy going into effect with Microsoft, and contrasted the harsh reaction many had to Google’s similar privacy policy.

Obviously looking to avoid any backlash with two major media events planned in the coming days, Microsoft released a statement to ensure that its intentions were clear. It also responded to Rep. Markey’s admonition to consider an opt-in standard regarding the collection of data.

“One thing we don’t do is use the content of our customers’ private communications and documents to target advertising. We could have been clearer about this when we rolled out our updated Services Agreement. We appreciate the feedback we’ve received, and as a result, we will update the agreement as soon as possible to make that point absolutely clear.” -Microsoft

To that end, Microsoft also took the step to make the “do not track” option in Internet Explorer the default setting in the browser, even though it was not part of the Services Agreement. Score one for Microsoft.

sources: New York Times, Microsoft Services Agreement via wpcentral

Hmm kind of like the Asus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samsung got some good stuff coming out as well.. They will have Pro versions I think as well.

Sony VAIO Duo 11 Unveiled

I get a kick out of the Infoworld article comparing the "settings" of Windows 7 with anything. Compared with other versions of Windows, Windows 7 built on Vista's herculean effort to make finding the various Control Panel elements a whole lot harder. It is almost impossible to tell someone over the phone where they might change their default printer without having a virtually identical installation to look at.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6392/the-windows-rt-review

Anandtech review of W8 RT. They really like it on a tablet.

So this is a tablet platform that can do a good job of replacing both an iPad and an ultraportable in a number of different workflows. You get the best of both worlds, in some sense - Windows RT tablets have similar form factors to the iPad and leading Android tablets, and offer near-equal battery life, performance, and user experience, but they also give you the added benefit of strong productivity applications and the power of Windows Desktop. From a conceptual standpoint, almost anything you can do with an iPad can be done equally well (or close) on a Windows RT tablet, but the desktop-caliber office suite and versatile multitasking interface of Windows RT are impossible experiences to replicate on the iPad. It's not a perfect operating system by any means, but it brings a new dimension to the tablet space. So if you’re looking for a new tablet this fall, Windows RT deserves your consideration.

Note is a long review of W8 RT. They go through many features.

I was thinking about upgrading my win 7 laptop tonight to 8 pro. Anyone have any concerns about doing that?

I just updated my PC at home install went fine did the digital download only $40 bucks.. Did the upgrade kept all my apps explain which ones might not run under 8 so forth overall things went well. Win 8 Boots faster shuts down faster plus I like all the extra features and like the layout of the new start screen with the apps so forth..

Get the download here..
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/buy?ocid=GA8_O_WOL_DIS_ShopHP_FPP_Light

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts