Windows Phone 7 Sling App not compatible!?!

billcox

Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
USA
I just spent $29.99 on the Sling app for Windows Phone 7 and it is reporting that it is not compatible with they Sling box in my 922, seriously?!:mad:?! why? what a huge waste of money. Anyone know of a hack to get this working?

The 922 "could" work with the software today, but wouldn't work with it tomorrow (sometime in the future) as they are changing the streaming technology. So to avoid complaints that it was working before but is not now they have just blocked it from the get go.

I don't know if they will release a version of the Dish Remote Access app for Windows Phone 7 but assume they will.

I'd be asking for a refund. I know you can with the Android Market if you uninstall an app within 48 hours. Apple App Store says there's no refunds, but if you call Apple support they could probably refund you. I have no idea what Microsoft's policies are. Xbox Live is flat out no refunds so odds are against you.

Thanks for the reply, so the Sling technology in the 922 is already being phased out? It seems no Sling clients work well with the 922 except the browser based Dish app which is awful and doesn't even connect 70% of the time.

The 722 and this is a better and cheaper option. Buyers remorse.

It's weird how sling and dish seem to be working separately. A few products work with the 922 and sling boxes, but they've put in artificial restrictions on most sling software to block the 922.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)