Windows XP & Wireless printer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
I have an HP wireless printer. I have Windows XP bootcamped on my MBP. All my I devices and the MBP see and print to it just fine. I cant figure out how to get XP to set up and print to it as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Have you installed HP drivers and software in Windows XP?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

No. This is going to sound stupid, but I didn't think I needed to. The MBP sees it, and prints to it, and I haven't installed any software on it for the printer, so I thought XP might be the same. Or at least seen the printer and prompt me to load the drivers. So do I use the install disk that came with the printer?

That should work.

When in Windows mode, it sees nothing on the Mac side, s/w wise.

The Mac side saw it right away. Is that because the Mac has more drivers already installed for more devices?
Windows XP doesn't look as hard for printers as operating systems released after 2001. Ten years ago when XP went "gold", wireless printers were largely a fantasy.

From Windows XP go to HP.com and select your printer model, download HP software specific to your printer (make sure to select Windows XP 32-bit, I assume that's what you have).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks again for the help folks. Ran the software and all is good. Should have tried that first. Perfect example of how valuable this site is, and all the fine peeps that make it a great place to hang out;)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)