Winegard 1 meter help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got my 1 meter from a local Winegard distributor (located in Idaho Falls, ID). That probably doesn't help most of you, but if you are within an hour of Idaho Falls, its probably worth the drive. I absolutely love my setup. You can find the distributor information on Winegard's site..."Find Dealer". Hope this helps some of you.

How I found my 1 m Winegard dish locally

First a "warning:" it took a bit of patience and about 20 phone calls over 2 days. If you are OK with that - I'd recommend trying what I did.

I called Winegard customer support and asked for their dish distributors in my area (Charlotte, NC). They gave me a bunch of names and numbers and I started calling away. Some places no longer carried Winegard, some only carried OTA antennas. Others were distributors themselves. I could not find anybody from this initial list who’d be able to get me a 1 m dish but since some of the companies Winegard told me about were distributors - I asked them for phone numbers of retailers they sell to. None of the distributors was able to confirm that they actually sell 1 m dishes (!?!), but with phone numbers they gave I started calling away once more. Eventually I found a guy who was willing to "look into it." This was the place that I eventually ended up buying from.

Apparently - there are no NC Winegard distributors who sell 1m dishes any more (or so he told me; which would explain why distributors were unable to "confirm or deny"). But he got a dish delivered from a Florida supplier he also buys from. I paid $129 plus tax and no delivery charge of any kind. The best I was able to find on the Internet was $125 plus $90 shipping (and no tax). So I feel like I got an OK deal.

One last thing - the place I ended up buying from turned out to be a family operation that has been in business since 1920s and clearly values customer service. I had to drive 40 minutes each way but I think it was worth it.

Michael

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)