Winegard 10’ mesh dish.

Segerdog

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2019
Oregon
90E0B4AB-2954-48D4-8DB4-7890ED47FDE9.jpeg

[automerge]1582467397[/automerge]

Have an upcoming remodel job for a guy who just bought a house. This is sitting in his yard. Pretty sure he is going to want me to remove it. If so I wanted to see if anyone had some interest in it. It’s located in Hermiston Oregon.

Reactions: Henry Sanchez
I’ll find out for sure what he wants done with it and let everyone know. But if there are ones interested leave a message. I would rather someone take it apart that is more familiar with them than I am so nothing gets damaged. It looks like it’s in really good shape

I’ll find out for sure what he wants done with it and let everyone know. But if there are ones interested leave a message. I would rather someone take it apart that is more familiar with them than I am so nothing gets damaged. It looks like it’s in really good shape

IF you end up being the one to take it apart, use an indelible marker, and mark across the parting joints of each section, right where the bolts go through. Also, number them 1-1, 2-2, etc. Then take lots of photos before taking apart.

The reason you do that, is it's always BEST to put each panel back in the same spot it just spent 30 years being in.

Thanks for heads up on that.... I totally get that. Takes out a lot of guess work.
can it come apart in sections..... 1/4s instead of dismantling everything

Thanks for heads up on that.... I totally get that. Takes out a lot of guess work.
can it come apart in sections..... 1/4s instead of dismantling everything

Yes it can. Even just split in 1/2. Also mark/number each lnb leg, where it bolts against the sides. That needs to be put back in exact, as there's polarity involved in picking up the signals. Cut the wire going to the actuator motor as long as you can get it. Comes in handy when hooked back up to maybe a stiffer wire.

Some light reading on dish recovery ;)

The top and bottom bearings need to have the cotter pin pulled and the nut made tighter, or your going to not be able to track it to the arc, put the dish on zenith and grab the bottom, feel for play pushing up and down

The top and bottom bearings need to have the cotter pin pulled and the nut made tighter, or your going to not be able to track it to the arc, put the dish on zenith and grab the bottom, feel for play pushing up and down

Gary, your post has nothing to do with the op's questions about disassembling the dish for storage.

Have an upcoming remodel job for a guy who just bought a house. This is sitting in his yard. Pretty sure he is going to want me to remove it. If so I wanted to see if anyone had some interest in it. It’s located in Hermiston Oregon.

Hello Segerdog,
Any news regarding the dish?
I’m interested to get it.

Thank you!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)