Winegard Pinnacle project (10 ft)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

No Doubt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Snohomish, Wa
I got this nice dish home today. I will start getting it cleaned up & decide where I am going to place my pole after a good site survey. I know I will need a new LNB, this one is a MA-COM #ODU H3-STD. Will I be able to get the dish up & running with this LNB? Winegard did a great job in this dish design, everything is in great shape, after 20 some years of service. Thank you guys for all the help I have received in this short time,
No Doubt

Attachments

• DSC08912.JPG
    DSC08912.JPG
    969.6 KB · Views: 731
  • DSC08918.JPG
    DSC08918.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
It's possible that old lnb may still work, check all the connections and give it a try. Newer one will surely be better, naturally. What temp lnb is it? Should be stamped on the sticker on it.
Be curious to see if that polarotor still turns after you put some power to it, lol.
Nice dish, you're having stellar luck with your hunting.

There is no temp at all on it, maybe one of the elders can decipher the model #? The Part # is 7003-030, maybe this is 30%?I have plenty to do before than, now it is snowing again, lol.
It's possible that old lnb may still work, check all the connections and give it a try. Newer one will surely be better, naturally. What temp lnb is it? Should be stamped on the sticker on it.
Be curious to see if that polarotor still turns after you put some power to it, lol.
Nice dish, you're having stellar luck with your hunting.

Last edited:
Maybe it'll melt soon, and you can resume your project. That old lnb looks like one of the early models, it's prob 100-120degree job. Over the years the noise temp improved, they're down around 15-20degrees now. MACom was a forerunner of General Instrument, I think.Made cable tv equip back in the 80's.

It is warming up this morning, so the snow will turn to rain, which is a good thing. When I took the disk down, I could not get the mount to unfreeze from the mounting pole, even with alot of WD-40 and a pipe wrench. We ended up using a sawzall on the 4 inch pipe. I am going to the local Iron Works to see if they has pipe that matches the mount (inside diameter 4 inches)

Attachments

• DSC08925.JPG
    DSC08925.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 368
That one would be different then, if you measured it at 4". Most of them are 3 1/2" OD I think, haven't measured one in a while. Be sure you don't wind up with a too-big pole..that would be sad at current prices. Scrap yard might be a good place to find it. Last one I bought was about 60bucks, but the only thing the place had was super-thick pipe, at least 1/2"thick. That pole isn't going anywhere in the wind!

The mast is 4 inches outside diameter, so I need 4 inch inside diameter mast.
That one would be different then, if you measured it at 4". Most of them are 3 1/2" OD I think, haven't measured one in a while. Be sure you don't wind up with a too-big pole..that would be sad at current prices. Scrap yard might be a good place to find it. Last one I bought was about 60bucks, but the only thing the place had was super-thick pipe, at least 1/2"thick. That pole isn't going anywhere in the wind!

I remember that when dishes were first out they used a lot of 4" OD pipe and as time went by they started using more 3.5" OD pipe.

When you order or refer to pipe, remember that pipe is called out by it's Inside Diameter, not it's OD. So if you want 4" OD pipe, you really need 3.5" pipe with 1/4" wall.

Here's a handy chart for reference
Steel Pipes Dimensions - ANSI Schedule 40

Thanks Greg,,,,,,I saved this. I see we are neighbors. I have family in Port Townsend.
I remember that when dishes were first out they used a lot of 4" OD pipe and as time went by they started using more 3.5" OD pipe.

When you order or refer to pipe, remember that pipe is called out by it's Inside Diameter, not it's OD. So if you want 4" OD pipe, you really need 3.5" pipe with 1/4" wall.

Here's a handy chart for reference
Steel Pipes Dimensions - ANSI Schedule 40

if you need another mount i have one for it free to a good home, the catch is you have to come and get it zip 61401

85.0W AMC 16 thru 137.0W AMC 7 at my location.

I am using dishpointer, which shows a google map for my site survey. It give the following, for my house at zip code 98290.
1. 137.0W AMC 7 @ 33.1° Elevation, this is basically my western bird, correct?
2. 85.0W AMC 16 @ 24.4° Elevation, This would be my eastern bird?

I am using these as my spectrum for my arc, is this correct? I thought the western bird (85) was lower in the horizon than the eastern bird (137)?

Last edited:
No Doubt I don't know where Snohomish, Wa is at? But, I see Tacoma is at about 122.5w and 47.5n. That would put 85.0w at about 37.5 degrees to your left and 137.0w would be about 14.5 degrees to your right. That would make the bird at 85.0w lower because it's further away from you.
But your figures look correct, to me....?

pinnacle instructions

I was going to refer you to the manuals section for these, but when I went there to check it, the file was corrupted, so will try to attach them here. I hope this will help you and whoever else needs to put this dish together.
POP

Attachments

• image_page_0010.jpg
    image_page_0010.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 321
  • image_page_0009.jpg
    image_page_0009.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 307
  • image_page_0008.jpg
    image_page_0008.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 310
  • image_page_0007.jpg
    image_page_0007.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 320
  • image_page_0006.jpg
    image_page_0006.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 318
  • image_page_0005.jpg
    image_page_0005.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 293
  • image_page_0004.jpg
    image_page_0004.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 311
  • image_page_0003.jpg
    image_page_0003.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 328
  • image_page_0002.jpg
    image_page_0002.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 337
  • image_page_0001.jpg
    image_page_0001.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 381
  • image_page_0013.jpg
    image_page_0013.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 329
  • image_page_0012.jpg
    image_page_0012.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 311
  • image_page_0011.jpg
    image_page_0011.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 316
Thanks Pop, that is great info to have,,,,,,,
I was going to refer you to the manuals section for these, but when I went there to check it, the file was corrupted, so will try to attach them here. I hope this will help you and whoever else needs to put this dish together.
POP

Only in America!

I was pretty bummed out when my 920 went south, lol. I went down to grandma's house & started to get the Zenith dish ready to haul home. This time I made sure the mount would free itself from the mast & I took the actuator off the mount first. I proceded to remove the dish from the mount (4 bolts) carefully laid the dish on its back & removed the mount & placed it & the actuator in my truck . I came home & hooked up the actuator up to my 920 & it works! (her husband stopped using it because the dish stopped moving) I get 16 inches of travel, this thing seems real heavy duty. Although it says Zenith, can someone help me identify the maker? the motor housing & cover are metal with no plastic.

Attachments

• DSC09153.JPG
    DSC09153.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC09154.JPG
    DSC09154.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC09155.JPG
    DSC09155.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)