Winter break, want to get HD for about a month. Help please!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Hi,

Winter break is coming up and I want to get an HD receiver, as well as add a line to a separate room, in addition to getting HD channels. The catch is, I only want it for a month. How much would it cost me to do this for a month (new line to separate room + receiver + HD channels)? It seems I have to lock in to a two year contract which I don’t want. I think we get dish network through ATT.

Thanks a ton.

It depends how much you can dig up an HD receiver for... If you have a proper dish you can run a line and then add HD and the receiver to your account. If you are handy you can try to locate a dish to point at 61.5 or 129, they are not too hard to install if you have patience.

If you are hooking into an older system, most likely you do not have 129 or 61.5 and will have to add a dish, a receiver and possibly a switch. If the system is really old you might need even more. Hard to say without knowing what you have. What does the existing dish say (like Dish 500, Dish 1000, is DP on the LNBs, can you find the switch what model is it).

It depends how much you can dig up an HD receiver for... If you have a proper dish you can run a line and then add HD and the receiver to your account. If you are handy you can try to locate a dish to point at 61.5 or 129, they are not too hard to install if you have patience.

If you are hooking into an older system, most likely you do not have 129 or 61.5 and will have to add a dish, a receiver and possibly a switch. If the system is really old you might need even more. Hard to say without knowing what you have. What does the existing dish say (like Dish 500, Dish 1000, is DP on the LNBs, can you find the switch what model is it).

Ill try to find out tomorrow when i go home. I know they installed it like 2 months ago or something, so its new. Theres no way i can run my own line and find my own receiver. Too lazy/inexperienced for that. :) Is it very expensive through the company itself?

Your best bet would probably be to call a local DISH retailer. I just looked on DISH Network website and can't find anything except (contract) pkg. info. Unfortunately, the prepaid card program ended in September (really no surprise there.) Sorry this isn't specific info you're looking for. Good luck!

Are you wired for cable? (I still am but haven't used it for TV in years). You could sign up, get their HD box and you are set.

Around here there is no penalty for doing something like this with Time Warner. Just bring back the box when you are done.

unfortunately i think all there is in the room is plugs for power, so i would have to have them draw a line in no matter what.

With Charter they have a 30 day money back guarantee and no contract. They will come to your house, set you all up, wires and everything. They don't have a ton of HD but some.

A new Dish install with zero commitment runs $99 and that includes a 722K HD DVR. One month of HD service would add $40+ to the $99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)