Wireless adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bha19

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
This may have been asked before but I just got a wireless adapter in the mail from dis network. My 2 questions are 1) how do I set it up to recognize my router from my 211k? I went to main menu then system setup then installation then then broadband setup. The problem is the next screen only has network setup and cancel on it so I tried network set up but it did not recognize anything but receiver. 2) can I use this also on my dvr receiver upstairs?

The 211k does not support the wifi adapter :(

At dish.com, when you're logged into your account, click on the "order from store" option on the left. The Wifi BB Connector will show what receivers support it (222k/612/622/722/722k/922)

Reactions: charlesrshell
The 211k does not support the wifi adapter :( At dish.com, when you're logged into your account, click on the "order from store" option on the left. The Wifi BB Connector will show what receivers support it (222k/612/622/722/722k/922)
Thanks it works great upstairs.

I have to say I am very impressed with Dish. I had a service call (tech was at my place within 45 minutes of my phone call) on Monday. Ended up having to replace an LNB and a 722K receiver. The tech noticed that I did not have broadband at that location and offered to set me up with it. When I declined the home plug option (don't like the idea of not using surge protectors on my equipment), he went out to his truck and brought out a wifi unit to set up. Done in a snap, and now all four TVs can access BBMP. Very sweet upgrade he took care of for free since he was already there. Saves me from having to buy a wireless bridge to get BBMP at that location.

I have to say I am very impressed with Dish. I had a service call (tech was at my place within 45 minutes of my phone call) on Monday. Ended up having to replace an LNB and a 722K receiver. The tech noticed that I did not have broadband at that location and offered to set me up with it. When I declined the home plug option (don't like the idea of not using surge protectors on my equipment), he went out to his truck and brought out a wifi unit to set up. Done in a snap, and now all four TVs can access BBMP. Very sweet upgrade he took care of for free since he was already there. Saves me from having to buy a wireless bridge to get BBMP at that location.

That's great to hear the tech was able to get you taken care of :D

It's always good when we read these types of comments

dangue said:

What did he use, a wi-fi adapter?? Unless he used two on two dual tuners, there is no way you have it on all four tv's. Usually Dish won't allow a tech to install more than one wi-fi adapter at a service call. Now if he used Ethernet to connect em both awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Jimmerinwi said:
What did he use, a wi-fi adapter?? Unless he used two on two dual tuners, there is no way you have it on all four tv's. Usually Dish won't allow a tech to install more than one wi-fi adapter at a service call. Now if he used Ethernet to connect em both awesome!!

? Op only mentioned a 722k

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

InHouse said:
please take the time to report your satisfaction with said techs immediate supervisors

No need. His supervisor had to swing by during the service call to drop off a 722K to replace the defective one. We got to talk a little bit then. It was excellent service all around.

Jimmerinwi said:

To clarify. He installed a wifi adapter on the 722K that's nowhere near one of the two routers in my house. The 722 is right next to a router that is set up as a repeater/bridge and is and has been connected via Ethernet for a long time now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)