Wireless adapter

bha19

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
This may have been asked before but I just got a wireless adapter in the mail from dis network. My 2 questions are 1) how do I set it up to recognize my router from my 211k? I went to main menu then system setup then installation then then broadband setup. The problem is the next screen only has network setup and cancel on it so I tried network set up but it did not recognize anything but receiver. 2) can I use this also on my dvr receiver upstairs?

The 211k does not support the wifi adapter :(

At dish.com, when you're logged into your account, click on the "order from store" option on the left. The Wifi BB Connector will show what receivers support it (222k/612/622/722/722k/922)

Reactions: charlesrshell
The 211k does not support the wifi adapter :( At dish.com, when you're logged into your account, click on the "order from store" option on the left. The Wifi BB Connector will show what receivers support it (222k/612/622/722/722k/922)
Thanks it works great upstairs.

I have to say I am very impressed with Dish. I had a service call (tech was at my place within 45 minutes of my phone call) on Monday. Ended up having to replace an LNB and a 722K receiver. The tech noticed that I did not have broadband at that location and offered to set me up with it. When I declined the home plug option (don't like the idea of not using surge protectors on my equipment), he went out to his truck and brought out a wifi unit to set up. Done in a snap, and now all four TVs can access BBMP. Very sweet upgrade he took care of for free since he was already there. Saves me from having to buy a wireless bridge to get BBMP at that location.

I have to say I am very impressed with Dish. I had a service call (tech was at my place within 45 minutes of my phone call) on Monday. Ended up having to replace an LNB and a 722K receiver. The tech noticed that I did not have broadband at that location and offered to set me up with it. When I declined the home plug option (don't like the idea of not using surge protectors on my equipment), he went out to his truck and brought out a wifi unit to set up. Done in a snap, and now all four TVs can access BBMP. Very sweet upgrade he took care of for free since he was already there. Saves me from having to buy a wireless bridge to get BBMP at that location.

That's great to hear the tech was able to get you taken care of :D

It's always good when we read these types of comments

dangue said:

What did he use, a wi-fi adapter?? Unless he used two on two dual tuners, there is no way you have it on all four tv's. Usually Dish won't allow a tech to install more than one wi-fi adapter at a service call. Now if he used Ethernet to connect em both awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Jimmerinwi said:
What did he use, a wi-fi adapter?? Unless he used two on two dual tuners, there is no way you have it on all four tv's. Usually Dish won't allow a tech to install more than one wi-fi adapter at a service call. Now if he used Ethernet to connect em both awesome!!

? Op only mentioned a 722k

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

InHouse said:
please take the time to report your satisfaction with said techs immediate supervisors

No need. His supervisor had to swing by during the service call to drop off a 722K to replace the defective one. We got to talk a little bit then. It was excellent service all around.

Jimmerinwi said:

To clarify. He installed a wifi adapter on the 722K that's nowhere near one of the two routers in my house. The 722 is right next to a router that is set up as a repeater/bridge and is and has been connected via Ethernet for a long time now.