Wireless Broadband

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Does anyone know if Dish is working on a wireless broadband option for the VIP receivers?

Under my broadband setup I have a grayed out button titled 1) Wireless Setup and now I have have Wireless Mac address (even though it's still all 0)

Love this. I guess I may be able to stop using the world's most expensive Ethernet bridge (an old $1200 laptop) and use it as a laptop again. Of course I wont do this until Dish improves their horrific VOD interface! :)

According to the answer I received in the other thread the Extender / Bridge that will work is - Netgear wnda 3100. Cost range from $55 to $95.

I was confused by the title of the thread. Wireless broadband and wireless LAN are two completely different things now. Wireless broadband is represented by broadband delivered by cell phone companies (Clear uses Sprint's network in many cases) versus 802.11g/n that comes from an access point within your home. I suspect that DISH will not likely support wireless broadband as it doesn't really need specific support.

For wireless LAN, you've long had the more practical option of using an Ethernet to wireless gaming adapter.

The Netgear WNDA3100 adapter will bring a USB option but I question its utility if you also want an EHD and/or are looking forward to the fabled Slingbox 700U.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)