Wireless Coax Cable System for Directv??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bsomppi

Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Boonies
I'm a bit of a sports nut, and I have 4 Directv Receivers (2 HD DVR, and 2 HD), and on many occasions I hook all them up in my living room to watch football, basketball, etc. The one thing that drives me crazy is that I have to run coax cable from the walls, out to the living room to get everything to work. I was wondering if there is anything out there yet so I don't have to string that coax cable? I was thinking couldn't there be something that you connect some sort of transmitter from the wall, and have a receiver screwed into the coax port on the Directv Receiver???

There's a wireless client, the C41W, that interfaces with a Genie server. The C41w is only available in a handful of test markets, but it's expected to become generally available "soon".

If you have a swm setup, you can purchase (or bribe a local tech) a 4way swm splitter and run that off your input the the living room receiver, then run four short jumpers from the outputs of the new splitter to each receiver. Just remember to leave the power inserter wherever it is currently installed. This will eliminate the wires run from room to room.

Hint if you hit the dash key on your remote it will tell you if your setup is swm or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)