Wireless Joey Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It is possible, for sure. I would try the WAP and see what happens, or if you feel bold, do a complete reset on the WAP. There's a reset button on the back. I'm not sure how long you hold it in, heck try 60 seconds just to be safe, let it re-download the software, and try going through the connection process again.
Thanks Kat, I tried the reset button but only held in for around 10 seconds. Also, as predicted a day or two passes and the HWS and AP are once again seeing each other.

When it happens again, and it will, I'll try holding the reset for that minute for the software download but I think a new AP might be necessary, or an upgrade to the H3. But I'm going to really miss that red recording light.

I have a new Hopper3 (1 week) and tonight my WJ came on with an error stating that it could not find my hopper.
I removed the power for 10 seconds and when it rebooted I still had the issue.
I removed the power from the WAP and when it rebooted the wireless indicator did not light up.
Didn't know where to turn to but wound up on the Network page under Diagnostics and it indicated that, basically, I had no network at all.
I selected Reset Network and now everything is back to normal.
Apparently I lost the NIC in the H3 froze up.
Is this a common issue with Hopper3s?

I never had this happen and it's been years. I also never had a WJ. I did have a J3 which was connected to Ethernet alone, and it also worked perfectly without MoCA. That reminds me... I was supposed to get a return box in the mail, but that has yet to happen. :(

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have a new Hopper3 (1 week) and tonight my WJ came on with an error stating that it could not find my hopper.
I removed the power for 10 seconds and when it rebooted I still had the issue.
I removed the power from the WAP and when it rebooted the wireless indicator did not light up.
Didn't know where to turn to but wound up on the Network page under Diagnostics and it indicated that, basically, I had no network at all.
I selected Reset Network and now everything is back to normal.
Apparently I lost the NIC in the H3 froze up.
As an update to this issue, I discovered the issue was not the wireless Joey but the HWS not seeing the AP. This happens periodically after the overnight download/update. Nothing will resolve this but the next overnight download/update, which it always resets something once again allowing the HWS and the AP to see each other. Then all will be fine for a while until some future overnight update where the process repeats itself. I have no idea why this happens but I suspect it began with a software update likely around last Feb

Reactions: DJ Lon
Had a similar issue. WJ said it wasn't connect to Hopper 3. Hopper showed a network connection to its wireless. Tech replaced wireless access point with no change. Ended up replacing the Hopper. That took care of the issue. So we ended up with two new pieces of equipment. Initial diagnosis over the phone with support noted it probably was the Hopper. Ended up they were right.

We have been seeing a LOT of problems with wireless joeys losing connection, over the last year or 2. I believe they are getting bumped off by competing WiFi signals. It has gotten worse lately likely do to more prevalent WiFi.

I've experienced a large number of lost connections with my WAP recently. A Dish tech came out a couple weeks ago and replaced the WAP. It is better, but not 100%. Anyway, he said that Dish was releasing a new version WAP (and wireless Joeys) soon. Is that really happening? I agree that there are more competing WiFi signals now, so I'm hoping that a new version WAP would be "smarter" than what I currently have.

Reactions: charlesrshell